[FIXED INTERNALLY]FA-18C WPDSG going crazy with mark points!?

Tom Kazansky

hi,

haven't found anything about this yet, so here we go.

using latest DCS stable (still same version as latest OB) without mods.

When I use the new (and appriciated feature) of mark points in the Hornet, I get the following issue (see short track, up there):

after marking 4 different mark points, I do WPDSG to check them and try to slave TGP to those mark points.

that works fine with the first two of them.

starting with mark point 3 I always get a strange behaviour:

WPDSG lets the TGP jump for a fraction of a second to the markpoint and then it turns to a point somewhere else (EDIT: this is obviously the snow plow mode of the TGP).

even when I now try to WPDSG the two mark points that worked before, I get the same issue.

when I try to go back to SEQ1 (my flightplan) and try to WPDSG any waypoints, the issue won't let me.

(Issue is 100% reproduceable here. I have this in NTTR, too and did not test other maps.)

any ideas?

(EDIT/hint: if you use "LATEST ACTIVITY" in the new forum, the track is not shown. Only in "POSTS"-format, you can see it below. Tried to use "insert" so it was a link in the text above, but the link had strange issues too. once it led me to the track file, but afterwards it led me to the forums main page, so I removed it from the text.)

MP FA-18C Mark Points and WPDSG 02.trk

I found a work around that might help to investigate whether it is a bug or a feature:

after the first two WPDSG-tries with two mark points (what always works fine), pressing WPDSG with the third mark point sets the TGP to snow plow mode and starts the issue.

In this state pressing WPDSG does what described above: TGP shows the mark point for a fraction of a second and quickly ends in snow plow mode.

when I now press undesignate and then WPDSG, the TGP shows the correct markpoint. but I now have to undesignate every time before switching to another markpoint and WPDSG. (remember: for the first 2 mark points, pressing undesignate was not needed.)

another thing that strikes me is, when I have slaved the TGP to a mark point in that "bugged" state, pressing TGT on the HSI (or SA) page, followed by WPDSG sometimes work correctly and sometimes ends in that "bugged" state again, where undesignating is required to get out of it.

(btw: this is not related to any weapons. I just tested it with a clean Hornet with just a TGP attached.)

Ok, forget about the mark points!

I just found out that it has nothing to to with mark points. It is already like described just with waypoints. the first two work with WPDSG, the third waypoint + WPDSG forces the issue already. see track.

the track also shows the issue with pressing TGT (on HSI page) and then WPDSG (while beeing in that "bugged" state).

(I never had that issue before, so I mistakenly thought it was introduced with mark points.)

FA-18C WPs and WPDSG 03.trk

Had the same behaviour and workaround.

Even if you WPDSG and the pod get stuck in SP, the WPDSG still works as intended for proper delivery....

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

• ED Team

This does not reproduce in our internal versions, please wait for the next update it should resolve it.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1+:thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset