[INVESTIGATING]FLIR offset cursor not constrained

Swift.

The FLIR offset cursor is not constrained to the boundaries of the FOV, making it rather easy to lose.

In the track/video you can see the altitude of the TGT also increasing as the cursor is moved further and further above the FOV of the pod.

FLIRcursorbug.trk

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• ED Team

Hi Swift,

we have no information that it should be.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

We have no information to say one way or another currently. However I don't think it should be contained, if you are using it with HMCS it might be useful to be able to offset outside of the TGP field of view? I'm guessing now, but until we have some clear evidence we consider this correct as is.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is there a way to home it or at least see where it went off to when driven outside FOV?

That's the problem... I don't think you can. I can't figure out why it is even possible for the offset cursor to leave the DDI display without an indication of where it's at. The more I read about it the more I'm convinced that the ATFLIR offset video shows how it should work for all pods that have the offset function.