[CORRECT AS IS]Elevation Caret not stabilized

RED

The antenna will actually move up or down so it can keep the lock, so is correct in that aspect. As for whether it should show the caret move or not I guess only ED knows. But I suspect this is not a bug. When in search mode, radars don't show caret movement so it can show the pilot the cone over earth relation, but when in tracking modes they do show 1:1 antenna movement.

Stay safe

The antenna will actually move up or down so it can keep the lock, so is correct in that aspect. As for whether it should show the caret move or not I guess only ED knows. But I suspect this is not a bug. When in search mode, radars don't show caret movement so it can show the pilot the cone over earth relation, but when in tracking modes they do show 1:1 antenna movement.

Copy, then I might be not a bug.

Edited by RED

• ED Team

Hi

In BVR mode, the elevation and azimuth scan should be stabilized to the horizon, in ACM mode, they are stabilized to the aircraft. It seems correct when I test.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

In BVR mode, the elevation and azimuth scan should be stabilized to the horizon, in ACM mode, they are stabilized to the aircraft. It seems correct when I test.

Thanks for checking in. May you check if this is also true with STT (the track shows STT)? The difference in ACM vs RWS/TWS makes sense.

Thanks for checking in. May you check if this is also true with STT (the track shows STT)? The difference in ACM vs RWS/TWS makes sense.

In STT there is no other possible way. The antenna MUST be slaved to the point where it is focusing all the beam.

Stay safe

In STT there is no other possible way. The antenna MUST be slaved to the point where it is focusing all the beam.

Yes, indeed. This is not about the antenna itself. The question is how this is displayed on the DDI. If you pitch or roll the jet, the elevation caret will stay stabilized in reference to the horizon with RWS. In STT, it is currently not stabilized to the horizon. It will show the target LOS in reference to aircraft attitude. This might be wrong or correct. Let's see if Bignewy can check with the team. Either way there is a logic behind both ways.

Yes, indeed. This is not about the antenna itself. The question is how this is displayed on the DDI. If you pitch or roll the jet, the elevation caret will stay stabilized in reference to the horizon with RWS. In STT, it is currently not stabilized to the horizon. It will show the target LOS in reference to aircraft attitude. This might be wrong or correct. Let's see if Bignewy can check with the team. Either way there is a logic behind both ways.

Like I said, during ranging search modes it is stabilized and shown the same elevation to cue the pilot about the relation between the cone and the earth, so if you pitch the antenna will move up or down as required to maintain that angle but will show you the caret at the same elevation that was preset. During combat modes or tracking modes it is focused on painted object and shown as such, so if you pitch or roll it will show you exactly what the antenna is doing so the pilot can know its limits. I hope it is more clear now. Thanks.

Stay safe