F18 ground radar.

westr

This could be one of the mods I’m running so I apologise if so but I want to check if anyone else is having this issue but at the moment it’s only happening on OB and not stable for me.

when I use the ground radar on the F-18 it will not refresh. The second sweep it just clears the screen and it goes black. If I press the reset button I get a picture again but second sweep it is wiped out. This is not the black spot in front of the aircraft by the way. Could someone just confirm if OB is working correctly for them?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Check your radar antenna elevation (caret on the left of the radar page). Make sure it's not shooting up and looking into the sky. If so, you might have a double-bind.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

It's working correctly for me on OB. Remove your mods, repair and try again.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Check your radar antenna elevation (caret on the left of the radar page). Make sure it's not shooting up and looking into the sky. If so, you might have a double-bind.

I have my radar elevation mapped to the slider on my TM hotas. It was pointed up and I didn’t realise. Well spotted. Thanks.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 7:17 PM, Tholozor said:

Hey Tholozor,

I've been trying to find info on the Antenna Elevation Caret for GMT/SEA radar.  In air to air the TDC gives the vertical space it's searching represented with the elevation altitude numbers but all I see for Antenna Elevation Caret for GMT/SEA radar are notches on the left side of the radar screen.

Are there any other indicators that I'm missing and what exactly are those notches representing? 

Thanks.

edit:

I found this online...

Antenna Elevation - The caret indication shows the elevation of the radar antenna relative to the horizon, controlled with the Antenna Elevation Wheel on the throttle. The antenna can be moved 60° up or down; the tick marks along the scale each indicate 10°. The horizontal line indicates the optimal elevation given the current range scale and aircraft altitude. The antenna elevation is initialized at this optimal line when the A/G Attack format is entered.

The only issue I have is there are only 3 notches above and below the horizon line...perhaps each notch represents 20 degrees not 10.

Would you have any more information?

Edited by fitness88