HUD designation now works great!

Bankler

The jumpy HUD designation (https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/289637-reported-hud-auto-designation-is-extremely-jumpy) has been super frustrating since the first launch of the Hornet. In the last patch, the code is clearly rewritten and it works so much better now! Thanks a lot, programmer who got tasked with finally fixing this. <3 It feels great now, nice job!

The jumpy HUD designation (https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/289637-reported-hud-auto-designation-is-extremely-jumpy) has been super frustrating since the first launch of the Hornet. In the last patch, the code is clearly rewritten and it works so much better now! Thanks a lot, programmer who got tasked with finally fixing this. <3 It feels great now, nice job!

I found the HUD designation to be simple, as well as the HMD designation - however I found that slewing that designation (via HUD or HMD) was incredibly sensitive and easily can go to 100nm out. Compared to the RDR ATTK TDC slew or the FLIR TDC slew, which is fluid and predictable. Just my .02, seems we have vastly different experiences.

Using newest update/patch version of Open Beta (released 11/18/2020 xxxxxxxxx949)

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I found the HUD designation to be simple, as well as the HMD designation - however I found that slewing that designation (via HUD or HMD) was incredibly sensitive and easily can go to 100nm out. Compared to the RDR ATTK TDC slew or the FLIR TDC slew, which is fluid and predictable. Just my .02, seems we have vastly different experiences.

Using newest update/patch version of Open Beta (released 11/18/2020 xxxxxxxxx949)

Cheers,

Ziptie

+1

Cheers,

Ziptie

+2

Take a look at my MODS here

+4

However I can't use axis slew because I have an X52. I wonder if that makes the difference here? Do any of you who agree it's still jumpy use axis slewing?

Yep, I use WH with horizontal and vertical axes and they are so flattened out it's ridiculous. Huge dead zone. I can't dumb the axes down any more or I won't be able to use TDC in A/A or even FLIR. Even if I used external controls program, it would still be a nuisance to switch manually to a different axes profile whenever I decided to use HUD. It would probably be easier for the devs to switch between 2 different sensitivity profiles within the code, depending on where your TDC is.

Yep, I use WH with horizontal and vertical axes and they are so flattened out it's ridiculous. Huge dead zone. I can't dumb the axes down any more or I won't be able to use TDC in A/A or even FLIR. Even if I used external controls program, it would still be a nuisance to switch manually to a different axes profile whenever I decided to use HUD. It would probably be easier for the devs to switch between 2 different sensitivity profiles within the code, depending on where your TDC is.

Did you turn down saturation?

Buzz

I did, saturation Y almost halfway down. If I really focus, I can manage the track ball with TDC on HUD and only occasionally the cursor would fly off the HUD boundaries but with my wooden fingers...

The Deltasim upgrade is next on my purchase list, for this very reason.

I never tried a trackball. Maybe that's the problem?

The stock TMWH TDC is a 'track ball' It's a pain sometimes. If you haven't used one, you might be considered both lucky and unlucky. It's a love hate relationship sometimes, at least for me.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The Deltasim upgrade is next on my purchase list, for this very reason.

Ziptie

I guess I'll give it a shot and check Deltasim's page again. When I did about a year ago, the waiting list was so long I gave up. I wonder if Deltasim device would make that much of a difference when it comes to TDC sensitivity on the HUD though. I know that overall it is definitely a better controller and I'll probably get it sooner or later. I think Deltasim is still the only one making a replacement TDC for WH.

I guess I'll give it a shot and check Deltasim's page again. When I did about a year ago, the waiting list was so long I gave up. I wonder if Deltasim device would make that much of a difference when it comes to TDC sensitivity on the HUD though. I know that overall it is definitely a better controller and I'll probably get it sooner or later. I think Deltasim is still the only one making a replacement TDC for WH.

I don't know that it will make a big difference for the "issue" with the extreme sensitivity with the HUD TDC designation movement, you are correct there - as much more "schizo" compared to the FLIR TDC designation movement. I think I saw another mod for the TDC besides Deltasim - but it didn't appear to be the same quality. There are a couple guys I fly with in our server who have the DS mod and they rave about it. Also agree, the wait list was massive when I last checked - but that's been several months now. Hopefully soon.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I used the stock slew on the Warthog for many years. I never had a problem with it. I use a Deltasim now because it came on the Warthog I bought.

btw..I use the default Hog settings for all planes. Curve and saturation at 30. Deadzone at 5.

Buzz

It is also bad with the Deltasim upgrade (wich is worth every penny by the way. I know waiting time is measured in months for a long time now, but what else you can do apart of ordering now and waiting? Moaning for a long waiting time without ordering?). With the original WH "slew nipple" it was even worse. The problem is, if you tune down this axis to be smooth on the HUD designation, it will become very slow on every other (proper) slew function.

Reported as a bug here https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/bugs-aa/7146966-correct-as-is-auto-bombing-td-box-slew-still-way-too-sensitive

First they replied it is [CORRECT AS IT IS], but as far as I know, now someone with RL experience chimed in to have ED correct it nonetheless.