Control indicator vs afterburner

Scofflaw

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I haven't found anything in my searches.

While redoing all my controls to match my warthog's detent, I noticed that the afterburner on the F/A-18 and F-16 do not light as soon as you go above that line on the indicator. I actually have to pass it quite a bit before the afterburners engage. I'm basing this on both the spike in fuel burn and the afterburner flame.

This is full mil power for me on the F/A-18, the ABs engage when I go above this:

afterburner.pngafterburner.png.6f9d1d2017978230ec1f3dca0f9bb934.png

(the F-16 is at approximately the same location)

Shouldn't the ABs engage right above that line?

run come save me

I had to adjust my throttle to a 7 curve to match 100% power at the detent. Then pushing through the detent it kicked into AB. I would imagine each Warthog maybe a bit different (wear and tear, etc) so try a 6 or 8 to get to 99 or 100% at the detent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the replies. Looking at fuel flows, I get a jump of 10-15 when I cross the line, with no visible burner in the exhaust (I checked during a night flight). When I go a slight bit higher, there's a ~4000 bump in FF, and then I see the faint glow. The nozzle position is also an indication that the ABs have lit.

In the middle snapshot below, based on the throttle position indication, the ABs should be lit, correct?

afterburner1.thumb.png.bd0780a8a8fa2478b1f05642f553318c.png

run come save me

Do you use partial AB? I don't seem to. When I go into AB I just slam it all way forward. What's more important to me is that when I go up against the AB detent that i'm in full mil but no AB.

I use a Shapesway detent and this is my curve.

0-6-14-24-34-44-54-64-74-86-100

Buzz

Do you use partial AB? I don't seem to. When I go into AB I just slam it all way forward. What's more important to me is that when I go up against the AB detent that i'm in full mil but no AB.

That's exactly what I'm after - I want to hit full mil at the detent. I'm just noticing that full mil power is actually above the line on the control indicator. I've been using that indicator to set my curves, but it doesn't seem accurate on the hornet and viper.

I just set my curves ignoring that indicator for now, so it's not a problem I can't work around.

run come save me

I had to adjust my throttle to a 7 curve to match 100% power at the detent. Then pushing through the detent it kicked into AB. I would imagine each Warthog maybe a bit different (wear and tear, etc) so try a 6 or 8 to get to 99 or 100% at the detent.

On my Warthog, after modifying the a/b detent I had to adjust both curves from 9 to 6. The a/b engages when pushing through the bump.

I checked the fuel flow and the igniters (in the external view):

I use a Shapesway detent and this is my curve.

0-6-14-24-34-44-54-64-74-86-100

Im going to try these settings, thank you

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On my Warthog, after modifying the a/b detent I had to adjust both curves from 9 to 6. The a/b engages when pushing through the bump.

I checked the fuel flow and the igniters (in the external view):

Just out of curiosity, could you do the same video with the controls indicator showing?

run come save me