Firing and Guiding Multiple SLAM's Simultaneously

Bearfoot

Anyone have a guide on this?

I've managed to do it for two. But I cannot do it consistently. Most times, bizarrely, the missiles all head toward the target OK, but then just sort of slow down and start diving and crash into the sea/ground well short of the target. And yes, I'm in range!

Note that I have to use waypoints for the location programming, and thus TOO mode, because currently we cannot set elevation in PP mode.

Here's the recipe I have:

(0) Select SLAM for stores page

(1) Set fuzing

(2) Box DLink13

(3) Wait till weapons align!

(4) For each station

(4.1) Step to station

(4.2) Set Dlink13 to weapon: "WEP" -> "SLAM" (corresponding to station):

+----
| (2)
| (3)
| (7)
| (8)
+----

(4.4) Set mode to "TOO" from "PP"

(4.4) On HSI/SA, select waypoint to use as target

(4.5) On HSI/SA, select weapon designate to set waypoint as TOO target

(4.6) Undesignate!!!

(4.7) Repeat for all stations

(5) When in range, for each station:

(5.1) Step to station

(5.2) Set Dlink13 to weapon: "WEP" -> "SLAM" (corresponding to station, as above)

(5.3) Pickle

(5.4) WAIT! This is to buy you time so you can guide the current weapon in during its terminal phase before need to work with the next one. You can turn cold or orbit for this if you do not want to keep rushing toward the target, and turn in hot just before the next launch.

(5.5) Repeat for all stations.

(6) When sensor goes active, select appropriate channel (UFC -> :CODE -> #), guide weapon to lock on to target. Then switch to next weapon.

Like I said, using the above I've managed to guide two SLAM's on to two different targets in very close time (20 seconds apart) -- could see the explosion from the first one through the seeker view of the second.

But every time I try to run with 4, they ALL fly into the ground well short of the coordinates. It's not even close. It's possible that with 4 weapons I'm messing up things, especially with the datalink correlation.

I also am not sure if 4.2 is needed: do you need the datalink correlation while programming the weapon, or just at launch?