Nose wheel steering not working

shinyscouser

Greetings all.

I've suddenly not been able to steer while trying to taxi. I've double checked my bindings and verified that I have the Nose Wheel Steering button is correctly assigned. I've also noticed that the airbrake decides to deploy when I taxi.

I've never had this issue before and it's driving me crazy.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Greetings all.

I've suddenly not been able to steer while trying to taxi. I've double checked my bindings and verified that I have the Nose Wheel Steering button is correctly assigned. I've also noticed that the airbrake decides to deploy when I taxi.

I've never had this issue before and it's driving me crazy.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

I would triple check the assignments. Scroll the controls setup page all the way to the right. There might be multiple assignments for this, on the other controllers you have. Oh, make sure you have the right jet selected.

Also, any external control files running?

• Like 1

Check all your key and controller bindings thoroughly. Updates sometimes mess up previously perfect key assignments in the most unexpected ways. Also check all of your controller assignments, they can also take up unwanted functions never assigned before.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Just needed to check this is not happening with others. I'm having an issue with my MiG-21 and Su-27 too where the canopy keeps ejecting either on the ground or in the air (and I don't even have the canopy eject bound). This never used to happen last year but all of a sudden, I'm seeing little errors here and there.

Check the connections in your HOTAS - it might be a connector working loose

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Check the connections in your HOTAS - it might be a connector working loose

As simple as that sounds, it may be the case. I use a "USB 2.0 4-Port Hub with LED Cable" and connect my HOTAS to that and sometimes it comes loose. I'm waiting for my powered USB Hub to come through so I honestly think that is the problem because every other function works - well, apart from my MiG-21 and Su-27 where the canopy ejects as if the aircraft is haunted.

Thank you. I'll double check that.