laser problem with TP

aphill

Hi Guys

I get the TP to lock a target the mavs lock on when I uncage them. The laser fires, but the filled box indicating the mavs are seeing the locked target comes on for about a second and then its back to an X. This is a recent development. It has not done before today actually.

I am posting a track. Note how fast the white filled box disappears.

Thanks for any help

laseing problem.trk

First of all, the TRIG function for firing the laser is no longer recommended. Just hit the PICKLE button ONCE to auto-fire the laser and the MAVE should lock. Then you can fire. Alternatively, HOLD PICKLE and the MAVE will come off the rails as soon as it locks.

Now, in your track it is odd that while LTD/R was flashing in the HUD when you were holding the TRIGGER that the MAV did not lock with a solid box. I honestly never saw even the MOMENTARY switch to the solid box.

Meanwhile I attached a TRK.. I did pretty much everything you did, but used the PICKLE to fire the laser. I did go to POINT TRACK, but it isn't necessary. Excuse the minor switchology mishap UNCAGING with the TDC on the TPOD at first :)

Recluse_MAVE.trk

Edited by Recluse

Thanks for the reply. The white box comes on and goes out fast so it is easy to miss. I will watch your track and do as you do, and see what happens.

By the way, I think the Stable version and Open Beta are synchronized for the moment, but FYI I recorded my TRK on STABLE not OB..

I tried again using point track. As soon as the laser starts working (I pressed the weapon release button instead of the trigger) watch the left DDI and you will see the white box appear for less than a second and then disappear. I think I am getting the process right, but not positive.

I will try the vanilla version instead of open beta the next try.

laseing problem 2.trk

I've encountered this as well. As I am just learning to use the Maverick (and the Hornet!), I didn't know if I was doing something wrong. I figured out that I have to switch the SOI back to the TGP for it to all work. I don't know if this is a bug, a DCS-ism, or I am still missing something.I just posted a question about this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=289156

Well that is interesting. I have no problem with the stable version it works like a champ. I did a repair on OB last night with no difference. I will do another repair and if that doesn't work I will uninstall and re install. It has to be a corrupted file I'm thinking.

I tried again using point track. As soon as the laser starts working (I pressed the weapon release button instead of the trigger) watch the left DDI and you will see the white box appear for less than a second and then disappear. I think I am getting the process right, but not positive.

I will try the vanilla version instead of open beta the next try.

OK, there was an update to OB and I installed it and tried it there. Still worked for me. It took more time for the MAV to see the Laser, but my system was lagging like crazy from too many things open while I was trying to run DCS.

EDIT: Ahh just read your latest post. Good to hear that it worked in STABLE. I couldn't see ANYTHING wrong with your process. It SHOULD have worked with TRIG as well, though the newer method is cleaner.

Recluse_MAVE_OB.trk

I've encountered this as well. As I am just learning to use the Maverick (and the Hornet!), I didn't know if I was doing something wrong. I figured out that I have to switch the SOI back to the TGP for it to all work. I don't know if this is a bug, a DCS-ism, or I am still missing something.I just posted a question about this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=289156

SOI should be on the MAVERICK page when you Uncage and fire the Laser.

Seems to be working a little better in STABLE vs. OB at the moment, but it worked in both for me as shown in the .trk files.

SOI should be on the MAVERICK page when you Uncage and fire the Laser.

Seems to be working a little better in STABLE vs. OB at the moment, but it worked in both for me as shown in the .trk files.

SOI is on Maverick page to uncage.

But Maverick does not launch or actually see the laser (cross, not block) even though laser is firing while I am on Mavrick page --- pressing weapon release does nothing.

SCS right to make TGP SOI and then maverick fires on weapon release immediately. Every time.

So I have to:

(1) With TGP as SOI, designate.

(2) SCS left to Maverick page as SOI, uncage.

(3) SCS right to TGP as SOI

(4) Press weapon release.

Without (3) I cannot launch, With (3) I can launch without problem.

(I'm using the Open Beta, no mods).

OK, that is interesting. I always leave the TDC on the MAV page when using the PICKLE to fire the laser or holding it down and haven't had issues. Assuming you are seeing the laser fire (flashing LTD/R) in both cases?

I read the responses in the other thread and they pretty much track with my experience, though, I tend to always have MAVE on left DDI, FLIR on right and TDC in the MAV page during firing.

Edited by Recluse