[CORRECT AS IS] As of Syria map update TPOD sensor and AGM-65F behavior

DmitriKozlowsky

As of Syria map update TPOD sensor and AGM-65F behavior is all bonkered.

I no longer understand what the sensors are doing, and RTFM is not helping.

So basically after some time, the TPOD becomes frozen and will not unfreeze. Pressing the top FRZ and cycling is not doing it. WIth TPOD being SOI or not.

AGM-65F. At start of mission there is full control of AGM-65F seeker as long as left display is SOI. But then it stops . Just stops being controllable. It slaves itself to TPOD and thats that. Making 65F seeker the SOI does not help, turning TPOD off or to STBY does not help. UNCAGING, re-CAGING 65F seeker does not help. With left screen being SOI, there is no control of 65F seeker, as before.

I do not understand why or how it happens. Both events.

Why does TPOD freeze uncommanded? Does not unfreeze. Cycling STBY to ON does not work.

Why does 65F refuses SOI control?

Something is happening in background and I don't what it is, and RTFM is not clear.

I really dislike the trajectory of F/A-18C development on part of ED. Behavior of HOTAS controls changes and prior training becomes either useless or even working counterproductive. Very little is clear as to what the blank is going on.

Also during daylight in Syria map, MPCD reflection os so powerful that it cancels out most of onscreen information. This was not case before Syria map update.

Press undesignate once to clear your target designation. Press it twice to switch the FLIR between snowplow mode or velocity-vector slaved mode.

Uncaging the Mav-F will slave it to whatever is designated as the target (TGT), or boresighted if no designation exists. 65F with the FLIR on will be slaved automatically to it.

As for MPCD, use the rockers on the lower left of the display to turn down brightness in daytime.

WbQuTIJ.png

Use this binding in the sim to remove whatever you have designated as a target. If a target designation exists, your MavF will be slaved to it when you uncage it. If you have a FLIR pod on, the MavF will be slaved to whereever its pointing and locked on to.

If you tap undesignate twice (default key S) it will cycle between FLIR pod modes, snowplow (fixed look down angle of 8 degrees) or it will be boresighted to your flight path marker.

As for your MPCD reflections, set your canopy reflections to none in the special tab in options:

53kviGm.jpg

And then adjust brightness with the GAIN rocker:

MtkiB2t.jpg

u5DmbeU.jpg

As of Syria map update TPOD sensor and AGM-65F behavior is all bonkered.

I no longer understand what the sensors are doing, and RTFM is not helping.

So basically after some time, the TPOD becomes frozen and will not unfreeze. Pressing the top FRZ and cycling is not doing it. WIth TPOD being SOI or not.

AGM-65F. At start of mission there is full control of AGM-65F seeker as long as left display is SOI. But then it stops . Just stops being controllable. It slaves itself to TPOD and thats that. Making 65F seeker the SOI does not help, turning TPOD off or to STBY does not help. UNCAGING, re-CAGING 65F seeker does not help. With left screen being SOI, there is no control of 65F seeker, as before.

I do not understand why or how it happens. Both events.

Why does TPOD freeze uncommanded? Does not unfreeze. Cycling STBY to ON does not work.

Why does 65F refuses SOI control?

Something is happening in background and I don't what it is, and RTFM is not clear.

I really dislike the trajectory of F/A-18C development on part of ED. Behavior of HOTAS controls changes and prior training becomes either useless or even working counterproductive. Very little is clear as to what the blank is going on.

Also during daylight in Syria map, MPCD reflection os so powerful that it cancels out most of onscreen information. This was not case before Syria map update.

If you have an active designation Maverick is not slewable. This is normal intended behavior. You should press undesignate to ensure you don't have an active designation. This includes WPDSG, radar, TPOD and HUD designations.

As for the TPOD occassionally freezing, this is a bug. If it happens, use the SCS in the direction of the TPOD to cycle through track modes (ie press it three times to go from slewable to area, area to point, point to slewable).

If you try these things and issues persist please post a track.

I think I have it. Though not 100%. The behavior is weird. Single NWS [press, undesignated/unselect target. Long press NWS does something I am not sure what. Quick NWS 2X clicks, re-centers seeker. Just when I get of it, something new is introduced.

Nothing new was introduced. It's been like that for a while.

No , sorry, there is some BS going on with TPOD seeker. After first deselction of target, the little caret diamond DOES NOT appear on HUD, when TPOD is looking forward or target has been deselected. From that point, only by re-designating a target with TPOD is a highlighted diamond and vector to target line is drawn. Otherwise, it is difficult to tell where TPOD is looking at any given moment. I cannot tell if after target undesignated (NWS quick press), is TPOD has recentered itself. With AGM-65F seeker only controlable when TPOD is undesignated. If target undesignation is done with 65F seeker out of HUD FOV, it hasd to be manually and slowly (far too slow) returned to boresight. The overall situation is that it is very easy to get very confused, and very frustrated as where the bloody heck each sensor is looking. I recall that prior to Syria map update, both TPOD and 65F seeker would return to boresight upon undesignation of target. Right now this is a confused mess, and really dislike it. I doubt this is how its suppoused to work in RL, as its too slow and lacks immidiate feedback.

Seriously, there is nothing weird going on with the targeting pod and you are simply frustrated since you didn't take time to relearn the additions which are pretty much final since OB 2.5.6.53756 from August 18th. Because nothing fundamental changed since then, and the basic logic is even a bit older right now.

You talk about short and long presses of NWS as well, where the Hornet integration only has press and "double-click", that is pressing NWS twice in a short time (to switch between SP and VVSLV).

I suggest you watch Wags videos from June and August:

As well as RedKites Video from very recently, which sums up all changes perfectly and very detailed:

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

After first deselction of target, the little caret diamond DOES NOT appear on HUD, when TPOD is looking forward or target has been deselected.

If you are deselecting a target, then no target diamond will appear, as you have un-designated a target. You also won't get a symbol in the HUD to show where the TPOD is looking at.

Also the F-Mavericks specifically seem to have a little bug right now, which doesn't impede the TGPs functionality, though:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253903

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

If you are deselecting a target, then no target diamond will appear, as you have un-designated a target. You also won't get a symbol in the HUD to show where the TPOD is looking at.

Thats the gdamned problem. It is difficult to impossible to tell where the TPOD is looking at. If it is being masked by aircraft, then it shows is solid color, with no que at all. Player is left with WTF is doing question.

Thats the gdamned problem. It is difficult to impossible to tell where the TPOD is looking at. If it is being masked by aircraft, then it shows is solid color, with no que at all. Player is left with WTF is doing question.

If it's masked then no HUD symbology would show up anyway. Also it has a minimum of three queues showing you where it points: the targeting pod relative view square on the FLIR page itself, the angles it is looking at in degrees off boresight on the FLIR page and the targeting pod indicator on the SA page.

If you need it looking forward for whatever reason: simply double-tap NWS for VVSLV or SP.

Again I suggest you invest more time to learn how to actually use it now, with basically all of it's functionality finished.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

Then you will have to practice your situational awareness if you need to absolutely know where your TPOD is looking at all times without a target designated.