Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGM 65E and JTAC issues.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AGM 65E and JTAC issues.

    I have several issues with the F-18, JTAC, and the AGM 65E.

    The first issue is that the AGM65E will not fire after slewing to the JTAC's laser, if I don't have the AGM65E in uncaged mode before telling the JTAC to "Laser on" in the comm menu. After destroying the first target, this work around no longer works. The next AGM65E does find the target, but it doesn't lock on, no matter how close I get to the target.

    The other issue that I have is that the A-10C manual states that once you fire the weapon, you contact the JTAC and say "Off' to let him know you fired the weapon, and you then wait for conformation that the target is destroy and further JTAC instructions. BUT if I to this, the JTAC immediately response that the target is not destroyed and I assume that the laser is removed from the target because the AGM65E misses the target every time I do this.

    I also cannot enter grid coordinates into the UFC, I have to go into the map and scroll around the pointer until I find the Lat/Long coordinates. This is nuts! Is my F-18 installation broken in that I cannot enter grid coordinates?

    #2
    The GRID option has not been implemented yet for the Hornet.
    REAPER 51 | Tholozor

    Comment


      #3
      Ahh the joy of DCS AI lasing JTAC, i think they been broken more often than lights in DCS. Only JTACT i'Ve even seen working 100% was using the CTLD JTAC script. A radio option to re0ask lasing wouldn't be realistic, but far more useful to fix the limitation of AI JTAC and lots of time, avoid the need to check-out with him to re-check-in to restart the attack and re-aquire the laser.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by RTS354 View Post
        I have several issues with the F-18, JTAC, and the AGM 65E.

        The first issue is that the AGM65E will not fire after slewing to the JTAC's laser, if I don't have the AGM65E in uncaged mode before telling the JTAC to "Laser on" in the comm menu. After destroying the first target, this work around no longer works. The next AGM65E does find the target, but it doesn't lock on, no matter how close I get to the target.

        The other issue that I have is that the A-10C manual states that once you fire the weapon, you contact the JTAC and say "Off' to let him know you fired the weapon, and you then wait for conformation that the target is destroy and further JTAC instructions. BUT if I to this, the JTAC immediately response that the target is not destroyed and I assume that the laser is removed from the target because the AGM65E misses the target every time I do this.

        I also cannot enter grid coordinates into the UFC, I have to go into the map and scroll around the pointer until I find the Lat/Long coordinates. This is nuts! Is my F-18 installation broken in that I cannot enter grid coordinates?
        When I called 'laser on' before uncaging the Lmav picked up and locked the laser and I was able to launch but I couldn't see the video of the spot on my Tpod for some reason. I need to check couple of things later on, when I get a chance.

        Yea, the lack of 10 digit grid is a pisser!

        Comment


          #5
          It's still hit or miss with both the AGM 65E and 65F on my system. I'm having issues even when not using a JTAC. I watched over 20 hours of videos on using this missiles in the F-18, and I'm not getting why sometimes the AGMs lock on the target and sometimes they don't. I don't have this issue with GBU's or JDAMS; it's only with the AGM 65E and F with or without the JTAC.

          Comment


            #6
            By the way, I noticed in Wagner's video, he fired after telling the JTAC laser on, and did not follow the entire JTAC procedure. He only did one run through. Can anyone recommend a video that does show several runs using the correct JTAC procedures with a F-18C using AGM 65E and F?


            Thanks for the feeback.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RTS354 View Post
              By the way, I noticed in Wagner's video, he fired after telling the JTAC laser on, and did not follow the entire JTAC procedure. He only did one run through. Can anyone recommend a video that does show several runs using the correct JTAC procedures with a F-18C using AGM 65E and F?


              Thanks for the feeback.
              I'm sure someone probably posted a pro level instructional video somewhere. I only post raw clips and I'm no instructor

              I did make a short vid of an attack on 4 stationary vehicles (since ED screwed up moving tgt acquisition) - 4 Lmavs in one pass... which means I had to fly very slow or zigzag my way toward the targets. No problem with unarmed vehicles.
              As you already know the AI JTAC sucks, for the most part. Even if you box 'Precise' on HSI > DATA, the JTAC will give 6 digit grid. You can't input the grid yet anyway but you can use map if available in flight (or have a chart printed with grid on it). Now, if you know approximate location of your target and put a waypoint there, no problem then.
              In my vid, I could see my targets on the map so all I needed was BRA, using the ruler.

              If you want to fly a more realistic profile, fast a lot higher then you will need to turn around after each missile is fired and call 'IP inbound' and do the routine again.

              In MP, with human JTAC giving you 'compatible' coordinates, it works nice. Yes, you can always use a converter to get Lat/Lon and the punch them in but... whatever.
              ED needs to get the 'essentials' implemented.

              Anyways, here's my clip:


              Last edited 10-02-2020, 04:17 AM.

              Comment


                #8
                In that video, in the LMAV page, there is now a huge 1688 code in bold at the top "headline." This is new, right? On mine, I have this but also on the right side of the circular field of view, there is an equally large "5". What is this? I tried looking it up in the manual but my manual still has a May date on it.


                v6,
                boNes
                "Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bonesvf103 View Post
                  In that video, in the LMAV page, there is now a huge 1688 code in bold at the top "headline." This is new, right? On mine, I have this but also on the right side of the circular field of view, there is an equally large "5". What is this? I tried looking it up in the manual but my manual still has a May date on it.


                  v6,
                  boNes
                  The 'S' means slaved to a designation from your jet's sensors or WPNDSG.

                  In DCS (and I assume in RW also) you don't see the 'S' if you're only using LST without a previous lock from your own jet.
                  Last edited 10-03-2020, 04:06 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Have you tried this mod/update of cordinates?

                    https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3304451/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Gripes323 View Post
                      I'm sure someone probably posted a pro level instructional video somewhere. I only post raw clips and I'm no instructor


                      If you want to fly a more realistic profile, fast a lot higher then you will need to turn around after each missile is fired and call 'IP inbound' and do the routine again.



                      Anyways, here's my clip:


                      o7 VERY NICE!! When I was trying out a mission with a DRONE AFAC, I did the conventional multi-attack route, but got a "UNIT DESTROYED - REATTACK AUTHORIZED" message immediately after "SHIFT", but I had already over-flown so had to do the whole IP Inbound routine again. Interesting in your video you got the SHIFT before/without the TARGET DESTROYED message.


                      - IT was a real PITA to get the MAVERICK SEEKER alone to pick up the SPOT as I kind of had to know the target area and point sweeping seeker right over it.

                      -I designated the general area with the TPOD, and that allowed the LST to pick up the first and subsequent SPOTs very quickly.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Recluse View Post
                        o7 VERY NICE!! When I was trying out a mission with a DRONE AFAC, I did the conventional multi-attack route, but got a "UNIT DESTROYED - REATTACK AUTHORIZED" message immediately after "SHIFT", but I had already over-flown so had to do the whole IP Inbound routine again. Interesting in your video you got the SHIFT before/without the TARGET DESTROYED message.


                        - IT was a real PITA to get the MAVERICK SEEKER alone to pick up the SPOT as I kind of had to know the target area and point sweeping seeker right over it.

                        -I designated the general area with the TPOD, and that allowed the LST to pick up the first and subsequent SPOTs very quickly.
                        I think the AI JTAC will say "Target destroyed" only after all units in the group get smoked, when overflying the group or breaking away with no targets left. If only one or two units were hit, JTAC will call "shift" if you haven't overflown the target group or veered off from attack heading. Once you do, they call "# unit destroyed, re-attack authorized".

                        Yep, the drone FAC/A would definitely be a better option in most situations, if I could only make sure the damn thing maintains LOS to targets. I've had some issues with them in the mountains.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Gripes323 View Post
                          I think the AI JTAC will say "Target destroyed" only after all units in the group get smoked, when overflying the group or breaking away with no targets left. If only one or two units were hit, JTAC will call "shift" if you haven't overflown the target group or veered off from attack heading. Once you do, they call "# unit destroyed, re-attack authorized".

                          Yep, the drone FAC/A would definitely be a better option in most situations, if I could only make sure the damn thing maintains LOS to targets. I've had some issues with them in the mountains.

                          OK that makes sense. I did my test mission over Greater Tunb Island in the PG, so no LOS issues


                          I will try going in really slowly to see if I get the SHIFT and can get off multiple shots on Ingress. Maybe I will try it in a Harrier and go REALLY slow!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yes, I had to use this mod, but why is it taking so long for the devs to add grid coordinateds, and fix the AGM 65E?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X