Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Cage/Uncage with AGM-65e's in Hornet anymore. Did I miss an update/change?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can't Cage/Uncage with AGM-65e's in Hornet anymore. Did I miss an update/change?

    I just tried using the AGM 65E's in the Hornet to attack a JTAC target. It's been a while since I used these. However, I'm noticing that I can no longer uncage the maverick to scan for the lased target. I ensured my key binds remained unchanged ('C' for Cage/Uncage). But I can't get it to uncage, even when i have the target waypoint designated, proper JTAC codes programmed (1686 in this case) and within 10nm of target.

    I checked Matt Wagner's videos to see if there was a recent video discussing a change to this system and didn't find anything. Any suggestions?

    #2
    Hmm, what happens if you depress the TDC whilst its assigned to the mav?
    https://forums.eagle.ru/filedata/fetch?filedataid=259325&type=medium
    476th vFG Public Discord| 476th vFG Website

    Comment


      #3
      TDC Depress isn't doing any good either. I'm at a real loss here. Literally just circling my JTAC target as I type this. LOL

      Comment


        #4
        Just a couple of things to check for real quick, ensure you are in AG mode, and make sure the SOI diamond is on the correct display.
        Intel 8086k@5.0Ghz, Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 64GB G. Skill Ripjaws@3200, CoolerMaster ML360 AIO, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, WD 2TB Black HDD, Asus GTX 1080FE, CoolerMaster C700M Case, Logitech G910 Kb, Logitech G903 Mouse, G13 Gamepad, Z906 500w 5.1 surround speakers, Track IR /w Trackclip pro, TM Cougar MFDS, Warthog Stick/Throttle, 3 x AOC 27" curved 1440p monitors @ 7680 x 1440 resolution, Oculus Rift S

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by oldmanflan View Post
          I just tried using the AGM 65E's in the Hornet to attack a JTAC target. It's been a while since I used these. However, I'm noticing that I can no longer uncage the maverick to scan for the lased target. I ensured my key binds remained unchanged ('C' for Cage/Uncage). But I can't get it to uncage, even when i have the target waypoint designated, proper JTAC codes programmed (1686 in this case) and within 10nm of target.

          I checked Matt Wagner's videos to see if there was a recent video discussing a change to this system and didn't find anything. Any suggestions?
          Master Arm has to be on for the Mav to uncage.

          Like it or not... here's a clip

          JTAC is on the roof (1000ft up) and the target 2300ft up on 'another' building.

          https://youtu.be/tUHotaUezdY
          Last edited by Gripes323; 09-28-2020, 09:39 PM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Y-Man View Post
            Just a couple of things to check for real quick, ensure you are in AG mode, and make sure the SOI diamond is on the correct display.
            AG and Master Arm are on. What screen would I want to make SOI? I'm not using a targeting pod so no need to SOI that screen and as far as I'm aware, you can't SOI the Stores page (where the MAVs are selected).

            Originally posted by Gripes323 View Post
            Master Arm has to be on for the Mav to uncage.
            Master Arm is on.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by oldmanflan View Post
              What screen would I want to make SOI?
              Pull up the MAV DSPLY page. Should be able to get there from the TAC menu or press MAV a second time on the STORES page.
              REAPER 51 | Tholozor

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by oldmanflan View Post
                AG and Master Arm are on. What screen would I want to make SOI? I'm not using a targeting pod so no need to SOI that screen and as far as I'm aware, you can't SOI the Stores page (where the MAVs are selected).



                Master Arm is on.
                I just tried the same set up that was in my vid without the pod (well, I had the pod but all 3 switches were off).
                I kept my SOI on the Mav E page. Uncaged with no problem, acquired the laser and fired. Shack.
                Confirmed visually through HUD.

                Let me know if you need a step by step.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by oldmanflan View Post
                  ... and as far as I'm aware, you can't SOI the Stores page (where the MAVs are selected).
                  In the Stores page, press "MAV" again and it will give you another page (which can and needs to be selected as "SOI"). You will need to be in that page to uncage the Maverick.

                  Attached Files
                  Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bankler View Post
                    In the Stores page, press "MAV" again and it will give you another page (which can and needs to be selected as "SOI"). You will need to be in that page to uncage the Maverick.
                    Excellent. I'll give this a try right now. If this solves the problem, then it is definitely a recent change that was implemented since I last used the MAVs in the hornet ~2 months ago.

                    EDIT: That did it! Thanks! I wonder what update they added the step where you have to be in the MAVs page with it SOI'd for it to uncage. That's definitely new, to me at least.
                    Last edited by oldmanflan; 09-29-2020, 02:35 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by oldmanflan View Post
                      Excellent. I'll give this a try right now. If this solves the problem, then it is definitely a recent change that was implemented since I last used the MAVs in the hornet ~2 months ago.

                      EDIT: That did it! Thanks! I wonder what update they added the step where you have to be in the MAVs page with it SOI'd for it to uncage. That's definitely new, to me at least.
                      If you were using JTAC's laser not your own LTD/R then you should be able to uncage on your MavE page. Besides, you said in OP that you didn't have the pod.

                      Never mind, I guess you never entered the Mav page in your initial mission. It's all good.
                      Last edited by Gripes323; 09-29-2020, 03:10 PM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Gripes323 View Post
                        If you were using JTAC's laser not your own LTD/R then you should be able to uncage on your MavE page. Besides, you said in OP that you didn't have the pod.

                        Never mind, I guess you never entered the Mav page in your initial mission. It's all good.
                        Yeah, I was just using the JTAC laser code, with no pod. But I've done that countless times previously and never had to make the MAV page SOI in order to uncage. This additional step had to have been added within the last 1 or 2 updates.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X