Kneeboard?

doldi1989web.de

You have both. If you press the button "Kneeboard ON/OFF" you have the floating kneeboard and you can change the pages using "Kneeboard previous or next page". If you just press "Kneeboard previous or next" without pressing "Kneeboard ON/OFF" you can change the pages on the pilot's leg kneeboard

If you change the page with one metod the other will show the same page

Edited by Sp2rtan

That's pretty cool, might have to turn on the pilots body. Does it just show the first page or is it whatever page you have opened?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Hmm, for some reason this isn't working for me. I still the old "missing texture" texture. I have a couple of installations, stand alone and steam and the steam version has no mods installed. Mods or no mods, no kneeboard.

This only works in the Open Beta for now. If you have the OB, maybe try doing a repair and make sure you don't have any mods that overwrite these files.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yea I'm running open Beta on both stand alone and Steam. I don't have Steam modded at all and tried it there, I even created an entirely new save game folder and it was still the old missing texture camo looking pattern. So that should have been 100% stock for the latest open beta, I updated Steam of course as well as stand alone. If it's clearly working for everyone else than something is wrong with both of my installs.

*EDIT* Figured it out. I had a file in my save folder that was overriding the cockpit default.lua. Even though I had all of the mods uninstalled the file was still there.

Edited by Nightstorm

Yea I'm running open Beta on both stand alone and Steam. I don't have Steam modded at all and tried it there, I even created an entirely new save game folder and it was still the old missing texture camo looking pattern. So that should have been 100% stock for the latest open beta, I updated Steam of course as well as stand alone. If it's clearly working for everyone else than something is wrong with both of my installs.

*EDIT* Figured it out. I had a file in my save folder that was overriding the cockpit default.lua. Even though I had all of the mods uninstalled the file was still there.

Glad you figured it out. If the file is named the same, then the updater didn't know to replace it with the default one. I only use mods with OVGME, to avoid problems like that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

This. Is. Heavenly! Now to wait for the F-14 to come along with a Pilot. :D

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, Virpil CM3 Base, Virpil Control Panel 1, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, WinWing Take Off Panel, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier

Nevada - Normandy - Persian Gulf - Sinai - Syria

Now I just wish we had a pilot model with no habds rendered since it's impossible to operate a large part of the cockpit when you don't see anything... though I took care of the problem by binding the show-pilot-body to ly hotas so I can flick it off whenever I need to fiddle with something besides the front console.

Otherwise this is a nice feature. I hope we see it in every other module as well. Also it perhaps need a separate resolution setting in the options menu to make it more readable? Now I need to modify my custom kneeboards/datacards to be readable in that..

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I have placed a 1024x1024 DDS file named pilot_f18_fp_kneeboard.dds into the X:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\TempTextures as instructed in forums.

Since yesterday I am back to the default kneeboard picture, not mine anymore.

1.Tried based on other forums to put into savedgames...(see forum for exact location) as png files and here also no luck, still the default one.

2.Used GIMP and Paint.net to save the file as DDS just to rule out tools used.

3.Used a user file that I have downloaded to rule out picture corruption.

4. My install is not on C drive but I never had issues before (been on that drive for ages)Note: Not a file server drive in case you are wondering why my drive letter is X. X:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\TempTextures

5. I am on windows installation, not steam.

I did an update yesterday. Any suggestions?

Edited by TripleSeven

I have placed a 1024x1024 DDS file named pilot_f18_fp_kneeboard.dds into the X:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\TempTextures as instructed in forums.

Since yesterday I am back to the default kneeboard picture, not mine anymore.

1.Tried based on other forums to put into savedgames...(see forum for exact location) as png files and here also no luck, still the default one.

2.Used GIMP and Paint.net to save the file as DDS just to rule out tools used.

3.Used a user file that I have downloaded to rule out picture corruption.

4. My install is not on C drive but I never had issues before (been on that drive for ages)Note: Not a file server drive in case you are wondering why my drive letter is X. X:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\TempTextures

5. I am on windows installation, not steam.

I did an update yesterday. Any suggestions?

The kneeboard changed, it's not a static texture anymore. Now, it displays the pages you have in your actual in-game kneeboard. You can scroll them with [ and ] and you don't need to open the kneeboard.

-

Thanks Precog and Harker for your inputs.

Will check that as soon as possible.

Update: Reverted to 2.5.5.33057 Open Beta and recovered the feature where the dds is applied on the virtual pilot body kneeboad. Sad that those things are not shown into the release notes (or I overlooked them).

Edited by TripleSeven