Alt F1 HUD view without MFDs?

Legendofdino

Good morning,

As the title states, i'm looking to remove the MFD's from the Alt F1 view on the hornet. I tried modifying the ViewportHandling.lua located in \Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit with no luck. Any other ideas? Looking to use the view to record gun cam footage. Thank you!

For the center display you have to modify Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua, like this:

--- Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua	2018-09-26 10:49:03.326422800 -0700
+++ _backup.000\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\AMPCD_init.lua	2018-09-17 18:13:49.642690300 -0700
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@
indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

-- for test purposes  HUD only added
-purposes	   = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
+purposes	   = {render_purpose.GENERAL}
shaderLineParamsUpdatable  = true
shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8
shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

For the left and right display look in Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\MDI_init.lua

So all im gathering is +purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL} is added to each file? Can this be run in JSGME?

No, -/+ are just annotations in the patch format (- delete line, + add line). So, remove the original "purposes" line and add this instead:

purposes	   = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

(without the +)

• 1 year later...

On last version change....

HUD without AMPCD

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\BAKE\AMPCD_bake_init.lua

5 render_purposes_to_use = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

HUD without Left MDI

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\BAKE\MDI_left_bake_init.lua

11 render_purposes_to_use = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

HUD without Right MDI

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\BAKE\MDI_right_bake_init.lua

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

• 2 weeks later...
On last version change....

HUD without AMPCD

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\AMPCD\indicator\BAKE\AMPCD_bake_init.lua

5 render_purposes_to_use = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

HUD without Left MDI

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\BAKE\MDI_left_bake_init.lua

HUD without Right MDI

Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator\BAKE\MDI_right_bake_init.lua

I have all three setup for OvGME. Works here. BTW: BAKE is a new folder after latest update.

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, in my AMPCD bake init.lua file, I don’t have a line “render purpose to use”......

But it is in my AMPCD init.lua file.... is this correct?

I made the changes as above, and it does not work...if I include the number 11 in front, the displays are not rendered in the hud only view, but in normal f1 view, they are blank....

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 months later...

To remove the left and right DDI and AMPCD but keep the HUD on FA-18C for example

edit file [dcs install]\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\BAKE\MPD_common_bake_init.lua

change this line

"purposes = render_purposes_to_use or {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}"

to

"purposes = render_purposes_to_use or {render_purpose.GENERAL}"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, Im now in 2023 trying to remove AMPCD and LEFT DDI from no cockpit view.

And keep the RIGHT DDI MFD and place that in the middle.

And if possible resize the huge size that these take up.

I've followed multiple guides and forums but cant seem to make it work.

Also checked the forums for people doing view ports of all the AMPCD stuff to different screen but i just wanted to resize and remove a few.

Changing: "purposes = render_purposes_to_use or {render_purpose.GENERAL}" still works, but that unfortunately removes everything. And im jsut after an attack radar, not the kitchen sink.

Anyone with any lua experience. 
Any help appreciated.

Thank you