Communications menu not opening in the air ?

notproplayer3

I don't know if it's a bug or not but I can open the communications menu just fine when I'm on the ground but when I'm in the air the communications menu won't open at all (even when setting comms on the ufc), this only happens to the f/a-18, in other planes (mirage, harrier, ka 50, ...) the communication menu always opens even when not setting up the communications

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 5 months later...

Thank you, i had the same problem ;)

I7 4770K / 1080 TI / 16GB RAM / VR Q2 / 3X IIYAMA 27 / T.16000M FCS TWCS / TRACK IR PRO

A-10C II / F/A18 C / F-14 / F16-C / M-2000C / F-86F Sabre / C-101 / SPITFIRE LF / P-51D / FW 190 D-9 / FW 190 A-B / Bf 109 K-4

CHRISTEN EAGLE II / YAK-52 / UH-1H Huey / SA 342

CHANNEL MAP / NEVADA / NORMANDY /  PERSIAN / SYRIA / SUPERCARRIER /

TAKE OFF FRANCE.FR

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm struggling with the same issues after update to 2.7.14.24228 open beta. Easy Comms is ticked as it has always been, all the bindings are the same as they were set, haven't introduced any new community mods/skins/whatsoever just updated DCS. 

Prior to this update I would just press the key/button to open coms menu regardless of engine/systems on/off, on the ground or in the air in a F-14, now it doesn't. I've tried remapping and it hasn't helped.

Tried with radio assist on/off, easy communications on/off, on the ground and in the air and no matter what key binding or button binding I tried NO COMM MENU appeared

This menu was present from the day 1 of playing DCS and NO this is not "some" functionality of the radio comms and please do not reply if you are going to write that this is the way it should be BECAUSE IT ISN'T

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...