[REPORTED]Ripple Release Timer: Bug or Accurate?

2alpha-down0
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

- Select stations 2, 3, 5, 6: Bombs release normally, outer stations first, with no delay between button press and first weapon release.

- Select stations 2 and 6: Same as above, no delay between button press and first weapon release.

- Select stations 3 and 5: Bombs release with a very perceptible delay between button press and weapon release, as if waiting for the outer pylons to release first regardless of the fact that they are not selected. This can result in reduced accuracy if not accounted for.

This occurs regardless of ripple interval.

Is this accurate to the real aircraft, or is it a bug?

f5 bomb.trk

• Thanks 1

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ripple circuit timer is only intended for the centre pylon when fitted with a Multiple Ejector Rack, ie, ripple off 5 snake-eyes at low level with one button press and hold. All other pylons will be according to the station switches being on or off and rotary set to Bomb. It is best to drop symmetrically, as the small wing of the F-5 is not suited to assymetric loads.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ripple circuit timer is only intended for the centre pylon when fitted with a Multiple Ejector Rack, ie, ripple off 5 snake-eyes at low level with one button press and hold. All other pylons will be according to the station switches being on or off and rotary set to Bomb. It is best to drop symmetrically, as the small wing of the F-5 is not suited to assymetric loads.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think that's the case. The Weapon Delivery Manual for the F-5 mentions no such intent, and specifically says that all stations may be used with the ripple function. There are also bombing charts for different ripple quantities (2, 3 and 5 bombs).

Capture1.thumb.PNG.3f1e7fcd3e42aa4d844187cf0d7216c1.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.79e7e7bd794b5845557daceda071290f.PNG

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

The writeup you circled makes it clear: the real system doesn't pause for unselected stations or empty positions. The circuit is supposed to fire in sequence starting with the first filled position on the first selected station with the selected interval between each available weapon.

So, call it a bug that a modern, digital simulation isn't as advanced as a 1970's firing circuit, which clearly knew how to drop the selected weapons at the specified interval, skipping unselected stations and empty positions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
- Select stations 2, 3, 5, 6: Bombs release normally, outer stations first, with no delay between button press and first weapon release.

- Select stations 2 and 6: Same as above, no delay between button press and first weapon release.

- Select stations 3 and 5: Bombs release with a very perceptible delay between button press and weapon release, as if waiting for the outer pylons to release first regardless of the fact that they are not selected. This can result in reduced accuracy if not accounted for.

This occurs regardless of ripple interval.

Is this accurate to the real aircraft, or is it a bug?

Hi 2alpha-down0

I will ask the team, not sure if this is intended behaviour or not.

Why? They gave up on the F-5 almost 2 years ago. It really has to be treated as a completed project at this point.

Rustbelt, I know you think the worst of us sometimes, but we do look at issues and report them to the team, yes the F-5E is an older module and our focus is currently else where but that does not mean we give up.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have reported for the team to check, I am not sure if it is intended behaviour or not at this stage.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 years later...
  • ED Team
  • Solution

this issue has been resolved, the bug no longer appears. 

thank you

• Thanks 2