It really is fun to just jump in a simple primitive airplane

(compared to the F18.)

and go for a ride

set up a fun mission in Caucus to fly about 75 miles

Navigate based on taking Radial off of Tacan

meet up with a JTAC and drop some laser guided munitions

on a couple of unsuspecting tanks in the valley

killing those tanks triggers a couple Migs to scramble

stay in the valley, use your sensors (Or Awacs)

and you can pop up behind them

that triggers a bomber to take off

pick off with your guns on your way home.

Just a fun way to fly a mission and enjoy

without massive workload managing

so many different complicated systems.

took me awhile to learn how to land the thing,

just gotta learn how to trim and maintain turn at low speed

and make sure downwind is far enough parallel of runway

• Like 1

I fully agree.

If a pilot is guided by a human AWACS or a GCI controller, the aircraft has the potential to be really harmful to F-15 & co.

If loaded with two AIM-9P5 and no external loads, the jet is quite agile AND fast.

You have chaffs & flares to defend yourself in case needed.

I recently notched AIM-7M and R-27R successfully, and killed two highest skill AI pilots, and got some kills on the famous "Cold war Syria special edition" with this amazing bird.

If you know how to handle and know its weaknesses, there are some options to make the life of the enemy hard.

On the other hand, if a guy is behind you, not important which one, have the ejection seat lever in your left hand ready and start trim to full forward :cry:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thanks for the heads up on the Multiplayer server, will try

been trying to circle in Caucus valleys and ambush someone

but keep eating missiles from F16's from about 300 miles away.

I will post my very simple mission

not easy to kick my 14 year old off the computer

during Fortnite/Call of Duty marathons on the weekends

cleaning it up and writing the mission briefing, playing with time of day for visual effects

last night and before i knew it it was 3:30 am

schoonights he gets booted at 10

• Like 1

It's a great aircraft and probably one of the best to start your DCS career in, I love it.

That's exactly what I did. About as rusty as you can get, but I did manage a (very bad) landing at Ramat David the other day. Like riding a bicycle; you get it all back pretty quick.

What this thing needs is more singleplayer content. I don't fly multi, and I think I managed to get through every single mission for it during the free trials earlier this year. A neat little bird, to be sure.

More singleplayer content is about to be released

• Like 1

Well, if it's any good, then I might end up getting this plane one day. :) If kind of felt like a trainer at first (expected, seeing as it's basically a single-seat T-38 ), but after getting used to its quirks and shooting down a Russian AWACS, I found myself liking it a lot. Might be just the thing for introducing any visitors (...that I'll have once the pandemic winds down) to flying. It's reasonably simple, doesn't have INS so there's no need to sit and wait for it to align, and it's quite easy to fly, unlike the MiGs.

Yeah, it's a great aircraft, and a brilliant first module, nice and simple.

Only thing for me is the cockpit, which could do with an update and RADAR which is currently simplified.

I think there might also be an issue with the RWR, whereby search mode doesn't let you see RADARs in anything other than a search mode, requiring you to keep changing modes.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

A really fun Aircraft. It's what i recommend to all my friends who are just starting DCS.:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

This plane is just pure fun. I have flown the 16/18 for a while and just thought, let’s fire up that F5 and go for a ride in Through the Inferno. And I actually had a blast, dropped some bombs, fired some rockets, busted my gear like an idiot...and did all of that with a huge smile on my face. That plane is a gem to fly.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

It's an amazing aircraft that has been around in one form or another for some time now and with the upgrades it has gotten it's still to this day a formidable fighter.I would love to see a modern version in DCS.:thumbup:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Its systems are simple, switchology is quite straightforward, and unlike the MiGs, for example, it has no major quirks that a beginner will struggle to overcome. It has little automation, but what is there is sufficient to make flying easy. The only thing that's really hard in the F-5 is ground attack, especially bombing, but learning to do it that way will make using the more advanced systems properly much easier.