This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REPORTED] Wake turbulence on ground

When you start the mission "Combat Mission - The Night Life" with wake turbulence enabled you will get blown upside down and the aircraft gets destroyed as soon as the F15's on the parking next to you start to taxi implying that wake turbulence effects are waaaay too strong on the ground.

Thank you for the report. I ran the mission and I'm unable to reproduce this. Can you please provide a track file using the current Open Beta?

Thanks
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/wagmatt
    Twitch: wagmatt

System: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...44#post3729544

Comment

Here's track file. If wake turbulance is enabled in the options, you can hear violent wind noises when F-15 to your right start to taxi and then you flip and crash.

edit: Cannot upload track file, it's too big.

edit2: removed huge png files from trk file and attached the file.
      Attached Files
      Last edited 03-15-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

This is an issue in multiplayer also. A reason why the 'aerobatics online' server has had to disable wake turbulence. It causes lag and this issue. So if someone does a low flypast over someone else the ground aircraft will be destroyed. It is a massive oversight. In the real world the wake would dissipate over the ground and have no effect essentially.
        RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Comment

+1

Comment

Sorry I forgot to add the trackfile

Hereby the trackfile and a video that I recorded when it happened:

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tracks however for some reason I am unable to play them.

We do have a wake issue reported, and hopefully ready for the next update.

Lets wait for the next update and see if it helps this issue.

thank you
              Last edited 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
              Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Just checked, this is fixed internally.

thank you for your reports.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Blows up while parked cold, stock night mission

From jet exhaust from nearby planes??? No idea

Don't have it anymore, F-16 trial has ended.
                  Temporairly off for PC Maintenance and hiatus - DCS not installed - Specs may change
                  Primary PC Specs Placeholder: Win10 x64 1607/14393, 1440p@75"32 - CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @ 4.0GHz - GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB - RAM: 32 GB, DCS SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
                  Secondary PC Specs Placeholder:
                  Modules: A-10C II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP.
                  Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Comment

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266408
                    To whom it may concern,
                    I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.
                    Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true.

Comment

Working...
                    X