Cougar throttle moves by itself

pimp

Hi All,

I'm having problems with my Cougar throttle. One issue is it no longer goes all the way back to idle, as you can see in the pic attached. Also, it moves slightly up & down by itself. I've re-calibrated it in Windows Game Controller but it still happens. I've attached a track file to show it in action. I'm using the TUSBA adapter and I've noticed it started doing this in the last 2 updates. In the Windows Game Controller window, I do not see any movement in the controls, however in DCS control settings for the Joy_RZ axis I do see slight movement and nothing else is assigned to that axis. In flight it did randomly move quite a bit as if there's Auto Throttle Control on. Any ideas why this is happening?

Please note the track is for Syria Map.

cougar-throttle-moves-and-not-idle_SYRIA.trk

Screen_200826_210848.thumb.png.238e79991706e34dc4bbf37a0da35292.png

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Do you still have the original sensor? (see picture) If so, that's probably your issue.

These sensors are notoriously bad and I had to replace mine at least once every year. It would always start with some minor jitter and eventually I'd get large 'blind spots' in the axis. It's just gonna get worse over time.

Since the problem is well known there are some people offering replacements. I'm very happy with the ones from MTWsims (drop in, calibrate, done), however they are shipping from Germany.

You could try moving the sensor and fixing it in place with a thin piece of cardboard. MAYBE you find a spot that works better, but it's not going to last.

CW_tqs_pot2.jpg.135d89e111f21a993de5be37d4dd5e44.jpg