[CORRECT AS IS]Question about Trim controls, not sure if bug or feature

S. Low

Regardless of which trim keybinds I use, the stick trimhat or the wheels on the left console, when I press my trim button it moves those wheels. So my concern/question is should the Stick, Hotas, Flight controller TRIM BUTTON keybind be moving the TRIM wheels on the left console as well as the trimhat on the stick? That doesn't seem right.

And then if that's not supposed to happen, my question becomes is computing a double-input of trim? Or is it just a graphical error?

e55f7ebd90a3b9509f8af3bd431e3474.thumb.png.90647bf8d44111235e60c2f1bc63636d.png

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Regardless of which trim keybinds I use, the stick trimhat or the wheels on the left console, when I press my trim button it moves those wheels. So my concern/question is should the Stick, Hotas, Flight controller TRIM BUTTON keybind be moving the TRIM wheels on the left console as well as the trimhat on the stick? That doesn't seem right.

And then if that's not supposed to happen, my question becomes is computing a double-input of trim? Or is it just a graphical error?

Your trim input looks correct, make sure to have the TRIM/AP DISC switch in NORM, not DISC. If the switch is in the DISC position it will disable trim input from the stick and also disable the autopilot. If you have the TRIM/AP DISC switch in NORM and are still unable to trim i would assume either your bindinds are wrong, or you're applying the trim incorrectly. Make sure to hold down the trim buttons as simply tapping them won't have a big input. The trim is decided by how long you hold down the buttons. If you're applying trim correctly i would only assume you've incorrectly mapped the buttons. Make sure to not manually select which input to use, rather just open up the control selecetor page and then press the button you want to map the function to, it will automatically detect the correct button. This way you won't map the wrong buttons.

Something cool about the F-16 trim system that ED got right is that it doesn't trim like a conventional aircraft, but rather, it trims for G. With trim centered, the jet trims to hold 1G. Each click of elevator trim adjust the G the jet seeks by 0.1Gs. This is because any pilot input on the FLCS below 15AOA is a pure G request. I was pretty impressed with ED's flight modeling when I saw this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/