DataLink info doesn’t pass into radar

Balthazar

Hi all,

I have an issue and i am wondering if anybody else has it. When i play PvP suddenly i lose in my radar the info which should come from the datalink. In SA page they are all visible but in radar in a point stops to pass the info the DL.

I stop to see the red triangles for hostiles or the green contacts for friendlies.

In fact in my SA i see everything normal but my radar sees just contacts and this only if they are of course into my antennas elevation specs. It like in SA page i have DL but in radar not at all even if we have an awacs or team members.

I have this issue quite long time now and i did many things including re-installation of dcs and erasing everything in saved games data.

Nothing worked.

I raised the issue to bugs bur unfortunately even if i attached a link with track file ED doesn’ t reply.

Any other idea will be appreciated!

Thanks

Hello,

Are you filtering the datalink contacts out of your radar? Pushing IFF in or out will filter datalink to your radar (FCR PAGE). Look in the bottom left of the FCR it should say ALL, FTR+, TGTs. ALL is what you want for datalink contacts from AWACS. FTR+ gives you your flight's contacts, and TGTs is just your own ship radar returns.

As a technique, several employment manuals talk about filtering down to TGTs or FTR+ at expected contact range, so you are only trying to lock stuff you should be able to actually lock with your radar.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Hello,

Are you filtering the datalink contacts out of your radar? Pushing IFF in or out will filter datalink to your radar (FCR PAGE). Look in the bottom left of the FCR it should say ALL, FTR+, TGTs. ALL is what you want for datalink contacts from AWACS. FTR+ gives you your flight's contacts, and TGTs is just your own ship radar returns.

As a technique, several employment manuals talk about filtering down to TGTs or FTR+ at expected contact range, so you are only trying to lock stuff you should be able to actually lock with your radar.

Good luck.

Ah, thank you for this tip!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:42 AM, TheBigTatanka said:

Hello,

Good luck.

Indeed that was the issue!!! Thank you so much!!!