[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]AI Flight commands don't work in single plasyer missions

binwolf

In the refueling mission, and others that I haven't enumerated, the Flight menu is black, no matter the frequency I use. I'm using the simple modelling, which switches to the correct frequency for ATC/Tanker, even when I specifically change to frequencies that are incorrect, so that those choices are black. I've seen reports of this from the past and a fix was apparently to re-save the mission. I've tried that to no avail.

In a separate AG mission I noticed the same behaviour but changed the starting frequency to the channel of my flight, instead of switching the freq in-sim, and I could communicate. In the refueling mission, though, there is no mention of the flight frequency, so maybe it was never set up? I'm not sure what to expect with single player missions, as far as completeness of flight comms.

I've tried using both COMs but there is no advertised VHF frequency in the mission briefing, so I've worked my way through the presets. What I have found is that by changing the COMs and presets, the other options go dark. However, if you select ATC, for example, when dark, the AI controller still responds. It switches the COM freq to the correct channel.

"Easy comms" still doesn't work with F-16 AI wingmen. You'll need to disable it and use the correct radio buttons.

Your wingmen should stay on the same frequencies as you are at the start of the mission.

Sorry to say that in the "Fighter Sweep" mission in the Instant Action section the whole Flight is not accepting radio commands and I am using realistic comms, juggling both COM channels.

I do not change freqs as I expect to be in the same ones as with all other flight members at mission start.

• ED Team

Can not reproduce, please include a track replay showing it happen we can take a closer look.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2