NAV point behind but diamond in front?

Donglr

SPTfront.png.03e3e7e786f8715edd936486f54d8ce2.png

I always thought the diamond on the HUD gives the current steerpoint. On the screenshot you can see that it is in front of me, which is completely wrong, it should be bebind me (my HSD was in "centered" mode at that time). As you can see on the HSD the seerpoint is placed correctly, behind me. How can this be? Even if my navigation alignment is completely out of whack it at least should be consistently wrong?

Sorry for the bad image quality, but I play in VR and that is what you get when you press the Print Screen button...

Are you carrying mavericks? Those are known to mess with the steerpoint data on the HUD.

Ha! I knew it, I am not stupifd, it IS a bug! Yes, I was carrying MAVs. Actually recreated the problem today. Whenever you select A-G mode with MAVs for the first time it creates HUD waypoint symbology where you are looking.

It's not exactly a bug, but more like partially implemented features behaving weirdly. It used to be that creating any target designation (like what happens with the HUD in VIS Maverick mode) would simply move the active waypoint. That's fixed now, and the target point is saved as a waypoint offset like it should be. That's what you're seeing - the waypoint didn't get moved, but the steering cues are bringing you to the stored waypoint offset target location, which should be the location of the last target you attacked. To return the steering location to the waypoint, you need to hit the Cursor Zero (CZ) button. Now, this is where things get further complicated: there's supposed to be a CZ button on the HSD, which makes it easy to deal with exactly your problem. For now you need to do it on the TGP page. If you don't have a TGP loaded ...