TGP Too dark or Bright, Low detail at night in Syria

CypherBlue

Hey everyone.

I was flying on a MP server last night over syria and performing DEAD on an SA-3 site. Trying to acquire the site on the TGP the TGP image in the MFD was almost impossible to see, It was either too dark or to bright, even manually adjusting the gain. It also seemed very grainy. I fly in VR and and have Culling enabled is this the issue? I also noticed the the Cockpit flood light would only render in the right eye. Is all of this because of the culling? Any one have a similar experience?

For Reference: HP Reverb, 3080 Fe, 32gb ram, i7-9700k @ 5ghz, 1tb NVME at 3500mb/s

tgp is not good in vr.. culling is causing the lighting in your right eye. I believe there is already a thread opened for the tgp issues. Hopefully ED fixes the imaging issues, as well as the other tgp issues soon.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

• ED Team

Hi

using contrast, gain and level controls should help, also selecting the correct camera for the job TV/BH/WH

I fly in VR mostly and dont have a problem with culling, if you are using stereo_mode_use_shared_parser in your autoexec.cfg expect problems, it is W.I.P and not intended for public use yet.

If you are still seeing a problem, please add a track replay

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BigNewy. Culling is enabled in my scenario, and understand that there are things like seeing certain lights etc in only one eye.

As for the tgp, or really any video viewing, so now also the mavs, the resolution is not great. I use the rift s, and it is VERY hard to find a target. If there is smoke down, then forget it. We have to use manual gain control to even have a remote chance of finding anything. Can you provide your settings to see if there are differences there potentially? With the hornet, or a-10 I never had an issue with the tgp. but the viper is just not good. Of course it does help if you zoom in on the mfd, but should that really be neccessary?

I am trying not to neccessarily complain, but please understand that it is not ideal right now in the viper.

Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, Asus RoG Maximus X Formula, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, EVGA Geforce 2080 Super, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 M.2, 500GB Samsung Pro 860 SSD.

TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Acer 23" x2, Oculus Rift S, FSSB3 Lighting

The TGP colours have changed a lot since the first release. You can't use contrast to get the crosshair be visible anymore. it changed colour from almost white to grey to hide in the background completely and the TV camera makes the terrain details much more bland than it used to.

2c7b8ec13d1d0966.jpg

Edited by dmatt76