Countermeasure Stores Jettison Guard

Glide

I got a chance to lay hands on a real RNLAF F-16AM++ cockpit (remote maintenance setup) and thinking about it I don't see how you'd do that.

All the switches in the cockpit require some force to flip, so a light bump isn't enough.

The throttle sits higher than the switch, so when you reach towards the CMDS panel you'll always approach it from the top. Even if you turn the CMDS program select knob all the way clockwise you're not going to bump that switch upwards by accident.

I got a chance to lay hands on a real RNLAF F-16AM++ cockpit (remote maintenance setup) and thinking about it I don't see how you'd do that.

All the switches in the cockpit require some force to flip, so a light bump isn't enough.

The throttle sits higher than the switch, so when you reach towards the CMDS panel you'll always approach it from the top. Even if you turn the CMDS program select knob all the way clockwise you're not going to bump that switch upwards by accident.

If it is a real RNLAF F-16 setup you do not have the CMDS panel in the cockpit....

An external Blk.50 looking cockpit hooked up to an AM++. Since I didn't get a chance to look inside the actual plane I'm assuming they were the same. Even if the CMDS panel was indeed different, the geometry of the pit remains largely the same.

Judging by the geometry I don't see a possibility to bump that switch in the Blk.50 cockpit. Would you agree with that statement?

And while we got an expert at hand here:

Isn't the ECM switch on the CMDS panel just a power switch and 'music' is commanded via the CMS?

An external Blk.50 looking cockpit hooked up to an AM++. Since I didn't get a chance to look inside the actual plane I'm assuming they were the same. Even if the CMDS panel was indeed different, the geometry of the pit remains largely the same.

Judging by the geometry I don't see a possibility to bump that switch in the Blk.50 cockpit. Would you agree with that statement?

And while we got an expert at hand here:

Isn't the ECM switch on the CMDS panel just a power switch and 'music' is commanded via the CMS?

I think IRL the Jett switch is one you have to pull and activate...so no chance of flicking that switch by accident. And for your last question..yes that is the case for an F-16AM but I do not know if this is true for a Block 50. On th eleft console there is also a panel for ECM but I think it is not functional.