What is the Bullets at Target Range (BATR) Symbol in Radar gun sight for

darkman222

After I shot some rounds the BATR symbol shows up. The manual is very unclear about what to do with it and whats it for. Can someone clarify?

I find it distracting in vR because it looks like the pipper. Can it be turned off somewhere?

The BATR symbol is a 6 millirad circle displayed as the first gun round passes through the computed target range, and disappears immediately after the last round has passed through the same. I don’t think it is removable as it does provide a function.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

It's a prediction of where the simulated or non-simulated rounds are in the HUD when they pass the distance at target range. They are for visual feedback of pilot accuracy in training and combat. The relative position of the BATR and target represents aiming misalignment.

BATR is distinguished from the pipper by being larger (6mr) and having a dot in the center. Also the BATR symbol is transient showing only when the fired rounds are passing the target range (first round to last round).

BATR is a permanent feature of the level III through V EEGS.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question. I found this video showing the use of BATR. Go to 4:55 minutes. You can see in this video that the target just flies a steady turn. The level 5 pipper is perfectly over the target and the hits are also perfect. But the BATR shows up in front of the target. So my assumption would be that this shot should have missed according to the BATR. Sorry I guess I need one more explanation to understand it.