Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet.

Comment

It seems like the Mavericks have to be warmed up when spawning in air with them? Every other AC seems to spawn with them they are ready to go.

Makes testing them a pain as you have to wait a few minutes each time.

Comment

Their sensors have to be cooled, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by iLOVEwindmills View Post
          It seems like the Mavericks have to be warmed up when spawning in air with them? Every other AC seems to spawn with them they are ready to go.

Makes testing them a pain as you have to wait a few minutes each time.
          yeah testing is pain in the neck compare to other modules.
          FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-4E
          Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria
          NS-430 | Supercarrier
          Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | AH-64

Youtube
          Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4

Comment

guys I have an issue and cant say why but while using TPOD in auto mode...have it set on target, have in PRE mode (65 is looking on the target) but somehow can't handoff the target to maverick... it states "handoff in progress" (after TMS up) but cross is not closed and cant shoot it... what Im doin' wrong?
            WARPARTY

Comment

Originally posted by deyv View Post
              guys I have an issue and cant say why but while using TPOD in auto mode...have it set on target, have in PRE mode (65 is looking on the target) but somehow can't handoff the target to maverick... it states "handoff in progress" (after TMS up) but cross is not closed and cant shoot it... what Im doin' wrong?
              It is not working as per Wags' video.
              When you hand off you need to make WPN screen SOI and TMS fwd to get cross to close - then you can rifle the mav.

Comment

They say some Mavs improvements and bugfixes are coming on November 4. Hopefully it'll get better then, I've managed to use all three modes a few days ago, but not as smoothly as I'd have liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubamurph View Post

It is not working as per Wags' video.
                  When you hand off you need to make WPN screen SOI and TMS fwd to get cross to close - then you can rifle the mav.
                  Thanks... yea I see things are buggy... I've tried to use 65D today and its really weird like I was using SP to keep tpod looking front to easier find targets then hud aim and align maverick ...once it worked later hud was indicating some other point...no matter what... I couldn't get alignment with target from tpod which on hud was also not visible...don't know how but after few try outs making hud SOI and tpod something clicked and saw my target alignment on hud and mav with tpod... but yea its not working as on yt videos (Matt and others) also was releasing missile without lock (maverick page cross not closed). Most reliable for the moment is agm-65H with area mode I think. I was also thinking maybe its because I have steam open beta version
                  WARPARTY

Comment

Hi all,

I have marked the thread SPI RELATED, once the SPI work is complete it should be much easier for all.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Bignewy will this also fix CCRP related weapons employment for LGBs and unguided bombs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                        Hi all,

I have marked the thread SPI RELATED, once the SPI work is complete it should be much easier for all.

thank you
                        I have just spent 3 hrs fighting with the TGP and SPI, I planed to bomb some stuff and relax tonight, instead all i did was trying to unlock the locked SPI position, going back to base 150 miles away, and landing with my Mavs and Bombs dumped to rearm with new TGP and then fly back again etc..., cause if you change weapon it locks and you can call it, then I entered new airframe etc etc, now I'm posting here after few hours of fighting this I'm a bit pissed off cause my relax evening was ruined, all I managed to do is get 2 HARMs off and they actually hit something.
                        It gets frustrating to fly 15 mins just to have your TGP bugged again,

Also tried playing on a server with rain and our TGP is blind... WHOT, BHOT, TV mode you cant see anything... oh yea did I mention 20min lost there to set up and get to the target just to see you cant actually aim at anything cause your TGP is blind due to rain, (yes I was under the cloud layer)

please fix this as soon as possible, don't wait for the next patch in a month time, do a hotfix as soon as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Furiz View Post

I have just spent 3 hrs fighting with the TGP and SPI, I planed to bomb some stuff and relax tonight, instead all i did was trying to unlock the locked SPI position, going back to base 150 miles away, and landing with my Mavs and Bombs dumped to rearm with new TGP and then fly back again etc..., cause if you change weapon it locks and you can call it, then I entered new airframe etc etc, now I'm posting here after few hours of fighting this I'm a bit pissed off cause my relax evening was ruined, all I managed to do is get 2 HARMs off and they actually hit something.
                          It gets frustrating to fly 15 mins just to have your TGP bugged again,

Also tried playing on a server with rain and our TGP is blind... WHOT, BHOT, TV mode you cant see anything... oh yea did I mention 20min lost there to set up and get to the target just to see you cant actually aim at anything cause your TGP is blind due to rain, (yes I was under the cloud layer)

please fix this as soon as possible, don't wait for the next patch in a month time, do a hotfix as soon as you can.
                          Its not a matter for fixing or a hot fix, the problem as mentioned is the work on the SPI needs to be completed. Sadly it can not be rushed.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post

Its not a matter for fixing or a hot fix, the problem as mentioned is the work on the SPI needs to be completed. Sadly it can not be rushed.
                            I understand, and I hope you guys get it done soon,

have to appologise tho, I was frustrated last night spent 3 or 4 hrs fighting the TGP cause of the SPI...

Comment

Originally posted by Furiz View Post

I understand, and I hope you guys get it done soon,

have to appologise tho, I was frustrated last night spent 3 or 4 hrs fighting the TGP cause of the SPI...
                              No problem, thank you for being patient.

Comment

I'm loving these new multiroles, and I was really looking forward to the AGM-65D--Litening combo on the 16.

BIGNEWY (or really anyone reading): Is the issue with the Mavericks not pointing at the SPI after handoff (I notice this after the first rifle) related to SPI development, or am I being ignorant of process?

I suspect quite a few 16 fans would be excited to see the Mavs and CBUs work reliably (I know, I know, some people have no problems with either) ! TIA.

Edit: I'm seeing some other threads on this issue; I guess I'll figure out a way to manually zero the MAVs to the TGP in the meantime .

Comment

I've also struggled trying to get the MAVs zeroed with the TGP.

Wags' video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p_D...v9wG8&index=26 walks through the process, however, he's clearly calibrating Mavericks in a jet that has been started from the air, so they're already calibrated ! Also, he's using a distant static object, placed in a clear area, with a steerpoint placed over it, so hardly a real world example.

For me, the logical place to perform the process, is during start up, in the 8 minute wait for the INS to align.

Grim Reapers have posted a tutorial on this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRFW151LjLY which is most appreciated and implies that you need to enable "GND JETT (Ground Jettison)" to perform while on the ground.

As far as I can tell, the Maverick seems to only want to complete a target lock (and thus display the BSGT icon on the screen) if placed over a valid static object. So, wherever you spawn in your cold jet, there needs to be such an object, at a reasonable distance and within the Maverick's seeker azimuth. If no such object exists, I've found that if you switch the Maverick to "AREA", it will form crosshairs on any point in space.

So, I've found this sequence appears to work..

1. Go through start up procedures as normal, including setting INS to NORM and power up the TGP hardpoint
                                  2. Set Master Arm to Simulate
                                  3. Set GND JETT to enable
                                  4. On the SMS page, power up the Mavericks and set mode to PRE

Wait about 3 mins for TGP and Mavericks to warm up
                                  Bring up the TGP on one MFD and WPN on the other

5. On the TGP camera page, ensure handoff is set to MAN
                                  6. The TGP will be pointing at currently selected Steerpoint, use RDR cursor control to slew it to the front of the jet and pick an object (or graphic like a taxiway sign if no static objects) as distant as you can find.
                                  7. Switch to narrow FOV and centre the TGP cross hairs on the object
                                  8. TMS up to form a point track (this also appears to attempt a handoff on the MAV screen, which I think is a bug in MAN mode but seems ok)

9. On the WPN screen, if the cross hairs are not in the centre of the TGP target, you need to calibrate. Set WPN page as SOI and slew the cross hairs over the object (set FOV to narrow for accuracy)
                                  10. TMS up on the WPN page should lock and display the BSGT icon top left of the WPN screen. If it doesn't, try in AREA mode on the WPN page.
                                  11. click the button next to BSGT, BSGT should flash briefly
                                  12 TMS down to reject the target

13 select the Maverick on the opposite pylon (if present)
                                  14 Make TGP SOI and repeat the TMS up command
                                  15 Make WPN page SOI and repeat 9-12

Both Mavericks should now be zeroed with the TGP

Lots of steps but it does help while away the minutes waiting for INS alignment

Comment

Did a lot of work with the TGP and Mavericks lately (even though it is frustrating). While they boresight fine and sometimes even the handover works fully automatic, I have the following issues:

1) selector cursor sensitivity seems to be very different from the fire control radar. While I can slew ot nicely here, it is way to sensitive in the TGP and WPN screen. Or am I imagining things?

2) if it fly with Mavs only, boresight them, handoff etc works most of the time. However when I use the TGP also for dumb bombs to identify targets I get have the issue that the TGP HUD indicator and the actual line it looks do not align once I go back to Mavericks. In essense I lock up a target in the TGP, handover starts but I can see the HUD TGP indicator (square) on a completely different point (SP?) and the round maverick symbol over it. So somehow TGP video does not line up with TGP HUD and therefore the Maverick can not be aimed at all anymore.
                                    Other strange thing that happened at the same time is that I would not get the Mavs out of pre mode. The pre text simply flashes when the button is pressed but does not change. Lock/unlock etc does not help either not does it help to put the tgp ijnto standby mode.

Bugs? Or am I doing something wrong?
                                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IdefixRC View Post
                                      Did a lot of work with the TGP and Mavericks lately (even though it is frustrating). While they boresight fine and sometimes even the handover works fully automatic, I have the following issues:

1) selector cursor sensitivity seems to be very different from the fire control radar. While I can slew ot nicely here, it is way to sensitive in the TGP and WPN screen. Or am I imagining things?

2) if it fly with Mavs only, boresight them, handoff etc works most of the time. However when I use the TGP also for dumb bombs to identify targets I get have the issue that the TGP HUD indicator and the actual line it looks do not align once I go back to Mavericks. In essense I lock up a target in the TGP, handover starts but I can see the HUD TGP indicator (square) on a completely different point (SP?) and the round maverick symbol over it. So somehow TGP video does not line up with TGP HUD and therefore the Maverick can not be aimed at all anymore.
                                      Other strange thing that happened at the same time is that I would not get the Mavs out of pre mode. The pre text simply flashes when the button is pressed but does not change. Lock/unlock etc does not help either not does it help to put the tgp ijnto standby mode.

Bugs? Or am I doing something wrong?
                                      Thanks
                                      1. Agreed. I've tried all kinds of axis tune settings on the Warthog throttle mouse hat but still too sensitive, and setting too much of a curve just makes it too slow on the FCR. Ended up binding a 4 way hat on the stick which works fine.

2. Similar problems. Think I'm going to leave the Mavs alone until ED iron out the kinks (and complete the "SPI work"). It's not like there's a lack of other things I could be practicing

Comment

Originally posted by Viking 1-1 View Post
                                        Issues I encountered so far:

- Mav prefer buildings over vehicles when trying to lock something, makes it very hard to attack something inside a city
                                        - PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore
                                        - AUTO handoff in PRE mode unreliable
                                        - Turning on MAV screws up your navigation on your EHSI
                                        - Slewcontrol of the Mav in VIS or BORE is way too sensitive
                                        +1 exact same issues..... I'm just using VIS mode till the SPI is fixed can ripple 3 or 4 off in one attack easy......... ok maybe 3

Comment

PRE mode doesn´t work for more than one attack, after that Pod and Mav dont align anymore
                                          Maybe boresight BOTH pylons?

Seriously, I've been flying the DCS F-16 from day one, testing every beta update (because I used to be a BMS nerd), launched over 100 MAVs by now, no mods and I've never seen this. Where are the track files showing this issue? I haven't seen one yet.

I'm starting to wonder how many issues are coming from DCS and how much are coming from (a lack of) RT*M. Repeating what was said in Wag's tutorials is getting old.

Comment

Working...
                                          X