[W.I.P]RF Switch

Kappa

Hi all,

Is the RF Switch modeled correctly? I guess is a WIP but I would like to know how it shold work exactly.

From ED F-16 EA Guide:

RF Switch. The radio frequency, or RF, switch, is a three-position switch that allows you to control emissions

from your aircraft. When set to silent, all electronic signals for the aircraft are disabled, and include the radar,

radar altimeter, data link, TACAN transmit, and ECM. In quiet mode though, the radar, TACAN, and data link transmit but all other emissions are inhibited.

But in game, quiet mode turns off the radar.

Also, the RF switch affect IFF too?

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• ED Team

Hi

I have spoken to the team this is currently W.I.P

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 11 months later...

I have been testing this with accordance to the F-16C dash 34-1:

According to -34:

RF switch status should be displayed on the MFD pages ----> Currently Not working as it should - no status on the MFD is shown

According to -34:

- RF switch to quiet - FCR, AIFF, IECM, TACAN do not transmit

--> Currently Not working as per -34 as TACAN keeps transmitting, IECM is not yet implemented,

I Have not tested IFF

- RF switch to silent - FCR, AIFF, IECM, TACAN and CARA do not transmit --> Currently Not working - TACAN and CARA keeps transmitting

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When the RF switch is modeled note that certain FCR emissions will "break through" the RF switch emission state in response to certain pilot actions. E.g. it's perfectly possible to get an ACM lock on a target with RF in quiet (and possibly silent I don't remember).

It is not a true statement that RF quiet inhibits radar emission at all times.