F 16 Export HSI to TM MFD

jcbak

What would be the entry in the .lua file to export the HSI to a third TM MFD? I've tried using the syntax for the F14 exports as a guide but without success.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

A couple of my squad mates helped me out. The HSI is labeled EHSI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

@ jcbak

Mind sharing the files on how to export the EHSI? Looking to do that as well. Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The EHSI is already coded to look for a viewport named "EHSI", so you just need to define one of that name in your MonitorConfig file.

The DED and RWR can be exported, but you need to add the necessary lines to the DED_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\, and to the RWR_ALR56_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\RWR\indicator\

The lines added are the normal ones; e.g. for the DED:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

update_screenspace_diplacement(1, true, 0)

try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")

Then you need to add the relevant viewport definitions to your MonitorConfig.

Sadly they are doing something weird with the MFDs, and you can't customise the viewports they display to - which is a pain if you fly multiple aircraft with different MFD shapes and locations.

Edited by Loophole

Thanks Loophole.

I'm already exporting the DED and MFD's and other than the "dim" MFD images ( hopefully ED will fix soon) working great.

However, even though I have added my"dofile" to the EHSI .init file and added the location to my monitor Lua it's still not showing up.

There must be something else or a different location to add the "dofile". Hopefully @ jcbak can tell us.

Got it sorted. I was doing it the old way of exporting by adding my own dofile, don't need it for the MPCDs, EHSI and RWR in the Viper. Still need it for the DED though. :thumbup:

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 months later...

I am having trouble exporting the PLFD to a second scree. See https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257183

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

What's the best method for finding the proper viewport terms for the various instruments and "dohickies"? For instance and completely hypothetically: IPC?

EDIT:

Perhaps in the devices.lua that is in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\ ?

Edited by 311Gryphon

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...
The EHSI is already coded to look for a viewport named "EHSI", so you just need to define one of that name in your MonitorConfig file.

The DED and RWR can be exported, but you need to add the necessary lines to the DED_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\, and to the RWR_ALR56_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\RWR\indicator\

The lines added are the normal ones; e.g. for the DED:

Then you need to add the relevant viewport definitions to your MonitorConfig.

Sadly they are doing something weird with the MFDs, and you can't customise the viewports they display to - which is a pain if you fly multiple aircraft with different MFD shapes and locations.

Hey There I did this and the RWR worked, but the DED did not. I followed your instructions to the letter. Did I miss something?

Hey There I did this and the RWR worked, but the DED did not. I followed your instructions to the letter. Did I miss something?

Here's how mine works:

Go to \program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\

In DED_init.lua, add the line:

In your custom export config file in <GAMEDIR>/config/MonitorSetup, set up a viewport for the DED. Mine looks like this:

F16_DED =

{

x=2585;

y = 500;

width=311;

height=77;

}

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU!

Here's how mine works:

Go to \program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\

In DED_init.lua, add the line:

In your custom export config file in <GAMEDIR>/config/MonitorSetup, set up a viewport for the DED. Mine looks like this:

F16_DED =

{

x=2585;

y = 500;

width=311;

height=77;

}

Hope this helps!

Hey there thank you!!! This resolved my issue, also I think the other mistake I was making was I added the code to the top of the file, I moved it to the end of the file and voila!

Hey there thank you!!! This resolved my issue, also I think the other mistake I was making was I added the code to the top of the file, I moved it to the end of the file and voila!

Yeah, I had mine at the end of the file, but didn't know if that made a difference or not--I guess it does!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

your tutorial don´t work for me. This is my MFD_Left_init.

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

"font_stroke_LMFD",

"LMFD_MATERIAL"

}

-- Specific part of MFD initialization

-- Parameters handling functions

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/MFD_Tools.lua")

writeParameter("MFD_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 4)

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."config.lua")

if USE_LCD_MFD then

purposes = {100} -- avoid direct call

else

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

end

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

writeParameter("MFD_Font_Name", "font_stroke_LMFD")

writeParameter("MFD_Material_Name", "LMFD_MATERIAL")

-- page specific for the indicator, implements indicator border/FOV

BasePage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/Pages/MFD_base.lua"

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/MFD_Pages_Init.lua")

-- gray shade for "render_target_X" , to change tone - make texture with that tone

used_render_mask = LockOn_Options.script_path.."../IndicationResources/Displays/flir_texture.dds"

if not USE_LCD_MFD then

--ViewportHandling

try_find_assigned_viewport("LEFT_MFCD")

end

And here MonitorSetup in SavedGames Folder

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('MFD´s+Center');

Description = 'LMFCD Center RMFCD'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1025;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

},

RIGHT_MFCD = -- R DDI/MFD

{

x = 2944;

y = 100;

width = 500;

height = 500;

aspect = 1024/768;

},

LEFT_MFCD = -- L DDI/MFD

{

x = 0;

y = 100;

width = 500;

height = 500;

aspect = 1024/768;

}

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

What is wrong? edit problem is cleared
Edited by 33rd_Elvis

Aircrafts: F-16C | TF-51 | M2000C | F/A-18C | AV-8B | Viggen | KA-50 | A-10C | UH-1 | Mi-8 |

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Normandy | Syria

System: AMD Ryzen 3700X | 32GB Ram | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 64Bit | 1TB 970 EVO M.2 SSD

Equipment: TrackIR 5_Trackclip Pro |TM Warthog HOTAS | Oculus Rift S