Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F 16 Export HSI to TM MFD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    F 16 Export HSI to TM MFD

    What would be the entry in the .lua file to export the HSI to a third TM MFD? I've tried using the syntax for the F14 exports as a guide but without success.
    sigpicWIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/SIZE]

    #2
    A couple of my squad mates helped me out. The HSI is labeled EHSI.
    sigpicWIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/SIZE]

    Comment


      #3
      Any luck exporting the RWR?
      sigpic
      64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
      Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
      TS: 195.201.110.22

      Comment


        #4
        @ jcbak

        Mind sharing the files on how to export the EHSI? Looking to do that as well. Thanks in advance.
        sigpic
        i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

        Comment


          #5
          The EHSI is already coded to look for a viewport named "EHSI", so you just need to define one of that name in your MonitorConfig file.


          The DED and RWR can be exported, but you need to add the necessary lines to the DED_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\, and to the RWR_ALR56_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\RWR\indicator\



          The lines added are the normal ones; e.g. for the DED:



          dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

          update_screenspace_diplacement(1, true, 0)

          try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")


          Then you need to add the relevant viewport definitions to your MonitorConfig.



          Sadly they are doing something weird with the MFDs, and you can't customise the viewports they display to - which is a pain if you fly multiple aircraft with different MFD shapes and locations.
          Last edited 10-05-2019, 11:26 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks Loophole.

            I'm already exporting the DED and MFD's and other than the "dim" MFD images ( hopefully ED will fix soon) working great.

            However, even though I have added my"dofile" to the EHSI .init file and added the location to my monitor Lua it's still not showing up.

            There must be something else or a different location to add the "dofile". Hopefully @ jcbak can tell us.

            Got it sorted. I was doing it the old way of exporting by adding my own dofile, don't need it for the MPCDs, EHSI and RWR in the Viper. Still need it for the DED though.
            Last edited 10-08-2019, 06:58 AM.
            sigpic
            i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

            Comment


              #7
              I am having trouble exporting the PLFD to a second scree. See https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257183
              Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

              Comment


                #8
                What's the best method for finding the proper viewport terms for the various instruments and "dohickies"? For instance and completely hypothetically: IPC?

                EDIT:
                Perhaps in the devices.lua that is in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\ ?
                Last edited 12-12-2019, 12:52 AM.
                http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon
                i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Loophole View Post
                  The EHSI is already coded to look for a viewport named "EHSI", so you just need to define one of that name in your MonitorConfig file.


                  The DED and RWR can be exported, but you need to add the necessary lines to the DED_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\, and to the RWR_ALR56_init.lua in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\RWR\indicator\



                  The lines added are the normal ones; e.g. for the DED:



                  dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

                  update_screenspace_diplacement(1, true, 0)

                  try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")


                  Then you need to add the relevant viewport definitions to your MonitorConfig.



                  Sadly they are doing something weird with the MFDs, and you can't customise the viewports they display to - which is a pain if you fly multiple aircraft with different MFD shapes and locations.
                  Hey There I did this and the RWR worked, but the DED did not. I followed your instructions to the letter. Did I miss something?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by CypherBlue View Post
                    Hey There I did this and the RWR worked, but the DED did not. I followed your instructions to the letter. Did I miss something?
                    Here's how mine works:

                    Go to \program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\

                    In DED_init.lua, add the line:
                    try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")

                    In your custom export config file in <GAMEDIR>/config/MonitorSetup, set up a viewport for the DED. Mine looks like this:

                    F16_DED =
                    {
                    x=2585;
                    y = 500;
                    width=311;
                    height=77;
                    }


                    Hope this helps!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      THANK YOU!

                      Originally posted by USAF-Falcon87 View Post
                      Here's how mine works:

                      Go to \program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\DED\indicator\

                      In DED_init.lua, add the line:
                      try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_DED")

                      In your custom export config file in <GAMEDIR>/config/MonitorSetup, set up a viewport for the DED. Mine looks like this:

                      F16_DED =
                      {
                      x=2585;
                      y = 500;
                      width=311;
                      height=77;
                      }

                      Hope this helps!
                      Hey there thank you!!! This resolved my issue, also I think the other mistake I was making was I added the code to the top of the file, I moved it to the end of the file and voila!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by CypherBlue View Post
                        Hey there thank you!!! This resolved my issue, also I think the other mistake I was making was I added the code to the top of the file, I moved it to the end of the file and voila!
                        Yeah, I had mine at the end of the file, but didn't know if that made a difference or not--I guess it does!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Hi,

                          your tutorial don´t work for me. This is my MFD_Left_init.


                          opacity_sensitive_materials =
                          {
                          "font_stroke_LMFD",
                          "LMFD_MATERIAL"
                          }

                          -- Specific part of MFD initialization
                          -- Parameters handling functions
                          dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/MFD_Tools.lua")
                          writeParameter("MFD_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 4)

                          dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

                          indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

                          dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."config.lua")
                          if USE_LCD_MFD then
                          purposes = {100} -- avoid direct call
                          else
                          purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}
                          end

                          shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true
                          shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8
                          shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5
                          shaderLineDrawAsWire = false
                          shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

                          writeParameter("MFD_Font_Name", "font_stroke_LMFD")
                          writeParameter("MFD_Material_Name", "LMFD_MATERIAL")

                          -- page specific for the indicator, implements indicator border/FOV
                          BasePage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/Pages/MFD_base.lua"
                          dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Displays/MFD/indicator/MFD_Pages_Init.lua")

                          -- gray shade for "render_target_X" , to change tone - make texture with that tone
                          used_render_mask = LockOn_Options.script_path.."../IndicationResources/Displays/flir_texture.dds"

                          if not USE_LCD_MFD then
                          --ViewportHandling
                          dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
                          update_screenspace_diplacement(1, true, 0)
                          try_find_assigned_viewport("LEFT_MFCD")
                          end
                          And here MonitorSetup in SavedGames Folder


                          _ = function(p) return p; end;
                          name = _('MFD´s+Center');
                          Description = 'LMFCD Center RMFCD'
                          Viewports =
                          {
                          Center =
                          {
                          x = 1025;
                          y = 0;
                          width = 1920;
                          height = 1080;
                          viewDx = 0;
                          viewDy = 0;
                          aspect = 1920/1080;
                          },
                          RIGHT_MFCD = -- R DDI/MFD
                          {
                          x = 2944;
                          y = 100;
                          width = 500;
                          height = 500;
                          aspect = 1024/768;
                          },
                          LEFT_MFCD = -- L DDI/MFD
                          {
                          x = 0;
                          y = 100;
                          width = 500;
                          height = 500;
                          aspect = 1024/768;
                          }
                          }
                          UIMainView = Viewports.Center
                          What is wrong? edit problem is cleared
                          Last edited 10-18-2020, 06:11 PM.
                          Aircrafts: F-16C | TF-51 | M2000C | F/A-18C | AV-8B | Viggen | KA-50 | A-10C | UH-1 | Mi-8 |
                          Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Normandy | Syria
                          System: AMD Ryzen 3700X | 32GB Ram | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 64Bit | 1TB 970 EVO M.2 SSD
                          Equipment: TrackIR 5_Trackclip Pro |TM Warthog HOTAS | Oculus Rift S

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X