vehicles getting stuck in ridiculous areas

chief

For me, the main problem is vehicles driving into small rivers and then not being able to drive out of them, even if it's only a tiny incline.

I think that the problem is that vehicle dynamics model is very simplified (same goes for ships and definitely submarines), I won't get into here, but there's a fair amount of stuff...

I don't have much hope for it getting fixed until we see higher fidelity/full fidelity vehicles.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Please give feedback but make it constructive, sweary rants will get deleted

If you want to create a bug report please do with a short track replay.

Work on AI is not a CA issue it is a core dcs issue and is being worked on and improved.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I agree that vehicles get stuck while driving over tumbleweeds, bushes and even small road barriers not higher than 30 cm or so. Even tanks get stuck as well. It's also quite often impossible to crush a fence and break through. You're left with no other choice than driving around until you find an open gate or a road where no fence is stopping you from driving through. It limits the ground warfare heavily. With more work being done on the Combined Arms module I really hope to see that fixed.

I personally love the CA module and have it included in almost all the missions on the Cold War server where the ground warfare plays a decisive role in completing the objectives. It's just that sometimes it becomes annoying when you get stuck over a bush with enemy tanks approaching you and you're just sitting ducks.

Hope this gets fixed. Godspeed!

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Yeah, AI vehicles seem to pass through obstructions. 

At least on the Caucasus, things like fences (both chain-link and concrete(?)) can be broken down by driving through them with a vehicle powerful enough.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, AI vehicles seem to pass through obstructions. 

At least on the Caucasus, things like fences (both chain-link and concrete(?)) can be broken down by driving through them with a vehicle powerful enough.

Not true for all maps. 

They won't get 'stuck' in Syria, but they have a really hard time navigating around the shrubs and orchard tree's. They will drive in circles. 

Edited by Apocalypse31

9 minutes ago, Apocalypse31 said:

Not true for all maps. 

They won't get 'stuck' in Syria, but they have a really hard time navigating around the shrubs and orchard tree's. They will drive in circles. 

Oh yeah, AI pathfinding across the board can be quite poor and its basically map wide (obviously maps with certain objects and a certain density are worse offenders).

With the AI driving through obstructions, I was referring to what Shadow said, in that for vehicles under direct player control, some objects are essentially solid (requiring you to destroy them before you can cross them, an example is fences; you can ram them down and sections will fall and disappear), but for AI vehicles these obstructions aren't solid - their collision model doesn't register for them, allowing them to drive straight through them, and they won't appear destroyed.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

System: