a-10c navigation training mission

nessuno0505

Hi everyone.

I'm a new a-10c player; after playing some time on steam with su-25t and FC3 (mainly su-27, but I prefer air to ground vs air to air), I've changed to standalone and bought a-10c and ka-50. Completely another sim, way more complex but also satisfactory. I've moved my FC3 license on standalone but now I play only a-10c (ka-50 when I'll start to know the hog).

I play on 1.5 stable and exclusively in VR with oculus rift. i7-6700k and gtx1070 my specs.

Now the problem:

I'm trying training navigation mission. All seems to proceed as long as I must set kopitnari on CDU: I do it via MFCD repeater and UFC typing waipoint number, and it's ok. Then the instructor asks me to use UDC itself, typing waypoint name. I type KOP on CDU keyboard and then click the first right button next to CDU line 3, and KOP appears on line 3 CDU monitor... but nothing happens! The orange squares indicating CDU keyboard and CDU LSK do not disappear and nothing else happens! Where am I wrong? Or is it a known bug?

I type KOP on CDU keyboard and then click the first right button next to CDU line 3, and KOP appears on line 3 CDU monitor... but nothing happens! The orange squares indicating CDU keyboard and CDU LSK do not disappear and nothing else happens! Where am I wrong? Or is it a known bug?

I just tested the mission and it worked fine. But I'm still on the latest 1.5.6 release, not on 1.5.7, so maybe this is a bug that came with 1.5.7.

When I typed "KOP" into the CDU scratchpad, the CDU automatically expanded the text to "KOPITNARI". Did the same happen when you tried it?

In any case, the training mission is almost finished at that point, you didn't miss out on a lot. ;)

I'm sorry here is the dumb :music_whistling:

...I did not type KOP but KQP... in VR Q and O are not very different from each other... anyway I should have distinguished them by position... it's alphabetical order! :doh:

After the right typing I managed to finish the mission... :lol:

Edited by nessuno0505

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
My mission hangs after entering "KOP" and hitting the R3 LSK on CDU.

Same here.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

In the training missions the instructor never corrects you when you make a mistake. Just leaves you hanging.

My real life instructor would not do that, one time I was too high and too fast on final, and he said, "are you going to land this thing?" "ah no" said I, "then get back in the pattern and make another approach" he replied.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm sure the issue is that you are not pulling the cursor down far enough. It has to be brought down pretty close to the bottom of the hud. Then it works. Look for the cross in the cursor disappear.

EDIT: sorry, didn't realise this thread was so old!

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Haha! Actually, this was near the top of the list here. Didn’t even look at the date!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 months later...

The Navigation training mission stalls for me too - but at a different point. I can't get past the "cycle the steering points" item. I go up/down completely around and back to steerpoint #2 using both the UFC and the CDU itself and after hitting the space bar the mission never proceeds. Done it three times now. What am I doing wrong?

Rift S, 10700K, RTX 2080S, TM Warthog HOTAS, home built cyclic and collective, 16GB 3200 RAM, A-10C, Huey

Solved - it’s the space bar, the *real* space bar.

In earlier training missions, and earlier in this one, the trigger of my TM HOTAS was working as the space bar in the training missions - nothing that I had setup at all - and I got used to using that instead of searching for the keyboard (VR user).

When I got to the “cycle steerpoints” point today I used the keyboard space bar and it worked.

Continued to the end of the mission without any further issues - the KOR stuff, etc. Worked fine.

Rift S, 10700K, RTX 2080S, TM Warthog HOTAS, home built cyclic and collective, 16GB 3200 RAM, A-10C, Huey

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same thing in 2.5.6 OB. After I've entered "KOP", and hit LSK right 3, the mission won't progress. (I'm also using Oculus Rift)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

This is broken for me too, in version 2.5.6

LSK R3 Makes a copy of the waypint instead of searching

Are you sure you're pressing the right button by the third line (which is the first right button), and not the third right button (which is R7, by the seventh line)? R7 is copy. I originally made that mistake because I didn't realize what button R3 actually was, since it's never explained in the training mission and I couldn't even find it explained in the flight manual PDF (I had to do some Googling to figure it out).

• 4 weeks later...

For me it stops after tuning in TCN 16X. After that nothing happens. (Open Beta 2.5.6)

edit: I found the error. Senaki has the station 31X not 16X... You are given the wrong station ^^

Edited by felixx75