Help me activate autopilot

blackpulpit

Hello all, I cant seem to get my A10 to go into autopilot whether it is ALT, ALT/HDG, or PATH. I use a Hotas Warthog with my red pinky button set for engage/disengage autopilot and it shows on screen it being in operation when pushed but still no autopilot, really need to set this up for orbit bank, can you all help me out, thanks.

You must be within a few degrees for the AP to enable. For setting an orbit I use ALT and bank then apply AP. 2-3 degrees of roll is all that is needed for orbit.

Also ensure all the warning panel lights are out.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

A common mistake is not having EAC enabled. Check if the EAC warning light is illuminated.

• Like 1

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hello all, I cant seem to get my A10 to go into autopilot whether it is ALT, ALT/HDG, or PATH. I use a Hotas Warthog with my red pinky button set for engage/disengage autopilot and it shows on screen it being in operation when pushed but still no autopilot, really need to set this up for orbit bank, can you all help me out, thanks.

Hello. To engage autopilot you have to ensure from startup that the following is true:

1- EGI/CDU aligned.

2- CDU NAV RSK3 pressed with ** near it.

3- EGI button infront of stick pushed with a green ^

4- Pitch and Yaw SAS channels enabled (Up), to the left and forward of the throttles.

5- EAC behind throttle is forward

6- Radar source is forward

7- Pitch limits awareness;

Pitch hold limit 10 degree bank - zeroises automatically

Heading/Alt hold - 10 degree bank - "

Alt hold (orbit) upto 40 degrees - stays on required bank no more than 40 degrees. needs more throttle to compensate drag.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hello. To engage autopilot you have to ensure from startup that the following is true:

1- EGI/CDU aligned.

2- CDU NAV RSK3 pressed with ** near it.

3- EGI button infront of stick pushed with a green ^

4- Pitch and Yaw SAS channels enabled (Up), to the left and forward of the throttles.

5- EAC behind throttle is forward

6- Radar source is forward

7- Pitch limits awareness;

Pitch hold limit 10 degree bank - zeroises automatically

Heading/Alt hold - 10 degree bank - "

Alt hold (orbit) upto 40 degrees - stays on required bank no more than 40 degrees. needs more throttle to compensate drag.

OR you could start in the air, trim the aircraft and hit the AP button. That way you will know its not a problem with start up.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/EAC_-_Autopilot_system_explained#

We got a wiki :smartass:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Just a minor addition.. Could it also not get it to activate, was heading back home from tanker refueling and forgot to close the refuel door. That also prevents autopilot from activating :)

That's so you won't be tempted to use AP during AAR. ;)

Buzz

Just realised this is an A-10C thread, I only have the low-def A-10a, I assume the EAC and a/pilot mode switches are not animated in the FC3 A-10a?

It looks like these switches are indeed not animated in the FC3 A-10A, and I don't know if there's any other feedback on the selected autopilot mode, other than the HUD readout after it's been successfully activated.

If you come over to the A-10C module, one of the benefits is these switches will be animated, and also mouse clickable. :)

• Like 1