No announcement yet.

DCS: A-10C Warthog signature banners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, my CP says 20KB - and I am a forum admin.
    - EB
    sigpic
    Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.
    The Parable of Jane's A-10
    Forum Rules

Comment

Isn't it possible to upload picture to another site (imageshack.us or similar) and then put link in signature with IMG tags?

Then, there shouldn't be any restriction (maybe dimensions stay)...
      sigpic

Comment

Quick note:
        If you feel there is anything questionable about any siganture, be it picture or otherwise, please just contact a moderator rather than debate it too much. I can see this thing derailing.

Generally speaking though, my opinion is this: there's nothing intrinsically "bad" with oversize pictures. The limits are there to ensure that everyone get smooth usage of the forums no matter what bandwidth they have. If you feel someone's use of pictures in posts or signature pictures causes issues, please feel free to PM me and I'll decide if I want to emulate Conan.

With that, let's get back to the specific topic of A10C sig pics.
        sigpic
        Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер
        Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
        DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education | Life of a Game Tester

Comment

Originally posted by JLZ View Post
          Isn't it possible to upload picture to another site (imageshack.us or similar) and then put link in signature with IMG tags?

Then, there shouldn't be any restriction (maybe dimensions stay)...
          The underlying forum technology does allow this, however this is (or should be, at least) disabled to make it easier to ensure a smooth forum experience for everyone.
          sigpic
          Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
          DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education | Life of a Game Tester

Comment

EvilBivol, How come everyone has different sizes ? we range from 20kb to 100kb to a 1000kb

Is it meant to be like that, or is it a case of something wrong somewhere in the forum software ? or has the scripting gone awry somewhere along the line and not updated all the user accounts when the forum got updated ? or is it just a case of, testers get the larger size, the rest get 100kb and the admin hasnt bothered to update his own account and is stuck at 20kb

Just to add, I see no problem with any of the sig's, I am just curious about the different sizes thats all.
            Last edited by bumfire; 07-09-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Bumfire, I'll look into that. It might be a case of deprecated settings I guess and I'll ask around.
              sigpic

Comment

Cheers EtherealN

I was just curious why all different sizes, as the forum I admin on had a similar problem a while back, and it was due to upgrading to a new version of VB, messed up all the user accounts and a whole pile of other things and to this day we are still re-configuring accounts that have slight problems that get brought to our attention.

Its no biggie though, as I said, I was more curious than anything

Comment

I just learned how to create the banner used here. I don't understand why there is spacing below it. - can anyone help me with removing the empty space below the banner?
                  sigpic
                  Oh there are no fighter pilots down in hell,
                  The place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers,
                  but there are no fighter pilots down in hell!

Comment

Working...
                  X