Look mummy, there's an aero plane up in the sky

GuardDog

Do not know where to put this, or this can be a stupid question. But is it normal to go into combat with Anti-collision lights, or any flashing lights on where the enemy can notice, see you? I noticed no one turns them off in You tube videos, and watching twitch, even AI keeps them on. When in combat or mission. I turn them off to put out more realism, then when in safe area, I turn them back on.

Do not know where to put this, or this can be a stupid question. But is it normal to go into combat with Anti-collision lights, or any flashing lights on where the enemy can notice, see you? I noticed no one turns them off in You tube videos, and watching twitch, even AI keeps them on. When in combat or mission. I turn them off to put out more realism, then when in safe area, I turn them back on.

I really have no idea, but I can't imagine wanting to fly into combat with *any* visible lights on, including ones in the cockpit if it's dark outside, for pretty obvious reasons :)

No point in broadcasting your presence to a bunch of guys that want to fire missiles at you.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Look into a “FENCE” check. It is a procedure followed when entering and exiting combat areas, and includes considering all lighting and emitters that might compromise your position.

It is a concept, but many good checklist or ops manuals will have a list of recommended actions.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Mummy?

Never listened to Pink Floyd?;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Yah I would be surprised if lights have any effect on detection or sam acquisition in DCS, but for the depth of simulation I always go dark during fencing in (unless on training scenarios or bad visibility where deconflicting is as big a threat as a sam!)

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Mover (ex F16 and F18 aviator) mentioned in combat it's lights out. Which makes all the sense in the world. In formation flying you leave them on. Or turn on other lights as needed.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1