TGP frame rate drop

Davewave

Hi all

Been looking for an answer for this for a while. Not sure why but every time I turn on my TGP in AG mode to look for targets, especially when I look into the distance, my frame rate takes a massive hit almost making the game unplayable.

I've read a lot of contention about whether DCS is CPU vs GPU heavy and I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a bottleneck.

In campaign mode when I approach an area with a lot of activity, my frame rate slows down even without TGP on so I wander if it's a CPU or RAM issue.

Here are my system specs.

Case : The VIPER GX2 Mid Tower Case

Power Supply : Casecom/Sky/Aerocool 700W Heavy Duty Power Supply

LCD Monitor : No Monitor

Motherboard : MSI B150M BAZOOKA MATX Skylake ,DDR4,6x SATA3 6x USB3.0 5.1ch

Processor (CPU) : Intel Core i3 6100 3.70GHz Dual Core SKYLAKE, 3MB Cache

CPU Cooler : Standard Intel Fan & Heatsink

Graphics Card : AMD R7 360 2GB GDDR5,PCIE,DP/HDMI/DVI

DVD/CD Burner : 1 x LG/SAMSUNG DVD/CD Burner 24 Speed

Hard Disk Drive : 240Gig SSD Kingston SSDNow V300 SATA 3 r4.5KB/w4.5KB/s (+$69.00)

2nd Hard Drive : 1 Terrabyte Seagate SATA 3 7200rpm (+$79.00)

RAM (memory) : 8 Gigabytes 2133Mhz DDR4 GSkill / Crucial /Kingston

Note that since I purchase this I've installed an antec water cooler for the CPU.

I'm also running Windows 10 x64

Do I need to turn down game options?

I'm running with a second tiny monitor for one of my MFCD and the other MFCD is an overlay on top of the main cockpit view.

Are these overlays slowing me down?

I'm afraid to lower resolution because then I won't be able to see anything.

Can anyone recommend how I can upgrade this computer as it is to make DCS run better? I'm happy to buy new CPU, GFX etc but the motherboard only has room for one GFX card.

I'm having the same problem with half the gear you have......it hasn't been like it all the while...when I first purchased DCS A10-C back in 2012 ish it wasn't a problem I had nearly a 2 year break from it and I was having massive stutters in the AG mode since upgraded to amd 8350 cpu 16 GB corsair vengance RAM AND MSI 970 motherboard but no change in the problem

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

I am seeing this with the A-10CII module. Especially over Syria map.

Guess I need to queue up some before/after videos, tracks, and submit a possible Bug report in the Bug section of the A-10CII, and reference this thread.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).