Beety warning

Rapax

Hello there,

this is a bug which is tagged [FIXED INTERNALLY] so I assume in the next OB should be fixed. At the moment all the VMU warnings are not playing (pull up, pull up, altitude altitude, speed brake speed brake, warning autopilot, etc)

[FIXED INTERNALLY] where is the girl speaking?

Funnily enough they do work on the OG A10C

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

You guys actually miss Betty? She can shut up forever for all I care. I know when i'm close to the ground and when AP is off and anything else she's yelling about.

How do you recognize that AP is out when you're working on TGP?

• Like 1

Well, there is a reasone she's there.

Why balance changes? Fuel consumption, weapons realease... No idea what kind of winds do you set on missions, I encountered good over 20 kts, and when circling in Alt Hold chnaging direction of wind can confuse AP.

I had numerous situations when AP disanged.

Just how long do you stay heads down? It takes a long time to burn enough fuel in the Hog to change balance and i'm not sure it would kick it out of AP. Weapon release? When heads down?

Your argument is weak. I don't need Betty. Obviously, you do. I'm sure you'll get her back.

btw When I kick it out of AP I hear her.

Buzz

inclusion of betty has arguably saved many pilots lives IRL. and all modern combat fixed wing craft have some sort or other of betty. so effort to design this system is not wasted. volume can be adjusted pre-flight BITS i believe too.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Never said she's not needed. I said i'm not bothered by her not there. I know she'll be back and i'll deal with it. Meanwhile, i'm enjoying the peace. The Hog is hardly the only plane I fly or DCS or the only sim. She talks more is some planes.

Buzz

Just how long do you stay heads down? It takes a long time to burn enough fuel in the Hog to change balance and i'm not sure it would kick it out of AP. Weapon release? When heads down?

Your argument is weak. I don't need Betty. Obviously, you do. I'm sure you'll get her back.

btw When I kick it out of AP I hear her.

Interesting, when I disengage autopilot - there is no chime/tone or audible speech from Betty. Wonder why you get a sound and I don't? Only when I engage autopilot, do I get the audible chime/tone.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

How are you disengaging it?

I chuckle when I see someone say..... Interesting. What you mean is...you're wrong.

The same way I engage it, by depressing the engage/disengage button.

What you should read when you see someone say "interesting" is:

Interesting.

Don't be a typical internet user and interpret text, out of context, if you know what I mean. Read it for what it is.

As I said, interesting. Wondering if there is a setting somewhere on mine that is disabled (i.e volume knob being left clicked, therefore muted, and needing me to right click it to unmute it).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Instead of disengaging by pressing the button. What do you get if you make a turn or change elevation with AP on?

I'll give that a try and see if there is a difference with an audible tone. Old habits die hard, so I'll probably fail the first few times - but I'll report back and let you know if it is different between the two methods.

Cheers,

Ziptie

You guys actually miss Betty? She can shut up forever for all I care. I know when i'm close to the ground and when AP is off and anything else she's yelling about.

Interestingly enough this exact scenario came up in a flight earlier today.

With my wingman I was testing all kinds of stuff between A-10C and A-10C II (in most regards the two modules interact perfectly fine) when he told me he just had an "Oh shit!" moment. While he was heads down in the TAD or TGP, the autopilot disengaged for unknown reasons. By the time he noticed something was off he was in a 90° AOB descending turn and he'd lost some 2500 feet. In this case no big deal, we were around 10.000 AGL and happened to be on different sides of an orbit over friendly terrain in a routine training flight in a restricted airspace.

But the big thing is that the VMU should have annunciated "Autopilot" to give him immediate feedback that the autopilot had disconnected without the associated button press.

I also recall quite a number of situations where this VMU message gave me direct feedback that there was something wrong. And I hate to admit that it was pilot error in nearly 100% of my cases. I think this just illustrates how important it is to have reliable systems.

Instead of disengaging by pressing the button. What do you get if you make a turn or change elevation with AP on?

What I said about Interesting is right.

Just tested briefly today, there is no difference for me when I disengage autopilot via the engage/disengage button aft of the throttles compared to commanding authority from the rudder/stick that takes the autopilot outside it's limitations, in terms of audible tone/command.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Just tested briefly today, there is no difference for me when I disengage autopilot via the engage/disengage button aft of the throttles compared to commanding authority from the rudder/stick that takes the autopilot outside it's limitations, in terms of audible tone/command.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Probably, because it's not working in the A-10C ll. Try it in the A-10C and you should get a warning.

Buzz

Probably, because it's not working in the A-10C ll. Try it in the A-10C and you should get a warning.

Ah, didn't realize we were possibly talking about different airframes. My apologies sir. Won't bother getting back into the original C, so no worries - poor girl will do nothing other than collect virtual dust since the "II" was released. Good to go!

Cheers,

Ziptie