New Helmet and loss of Hotas Boresite hinders those with some disabilities.

j-tk

Thinking of seeing if I can make a macro that will do AG SOI to standby and back so I can quickly re bore site. Helmet really isn't useful to me or a group of vets I play with that have head and neck injuries from combat and we can't use head tracking software, etc to reliably and quickly look around to use it. Biggest upgrade reason was new weapons and skins.

The F18 group complained enough they got their own button for a real/unreal TDC depress. Wonder if we can present rationally to the Dev's, not the Community Managers, that besides realism there is still some game playability to it, and maybe we can get our own button for real/unreal China Hat boresite.

6D80k38.jpg

Thinking of seeing if I can make a macro that will do AG SOI to standby and back so I can quickly re bore site. Helmet really isn't useful to me or a group of vets I play with that have head and neck injuries from combat and we can't use head tracking software, etc to reliably and quickly look around to use it. Biggest upgrade reason was new weapons and skins.

The F18 group complained enough they got their own button for a real/unreal TDC depress. Wonder if we can present rationally to the Dev's, not the Community Managers, that besides realism there is still some game playability to it, and maybe we can get our own button for real/unreal China Hat boresite.

Thank you for your service, sacrifice and commitment to our country sir/ma'am.

Have you considered getting a pair of the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's? If you fly the A10C I/II with any regularity, I'd highly recommend it. They were a massive game changer for me personally, and they also work great for the Viper and Hornet.

Figured it might be worth mentioning to you (as it also makes it exceptionally easy to select STBY/AG/AA modes with the TGP - along with all the other functions).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Snoopy posted in another thread that there should be an osb for boresight and 9L said he would shoot it up the ladder for possible implementation

keybind would probably be a better option.

osb wont work if you switch to different page, and it will also clutter the TGP page with unrealistic label

just a keybind would fix this elegantly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

keybind would probably be a better option.

osb wont work if you switch to different page, and it will also clutter the TGP page with unrealistic label

just a keybind would fix this elegantly.

A former A10C pilot says there should be an OSB that is labeled BS (bore sight) - how could that be an unrealistic label :)

Also, if you’ve switched to a different page - bore sighting the TGP really wouldn’t matter anyways, right?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

A former A10C pilot says there should be an OSB that is labeled BS (bore sight) - how could that be an unrealistic label :)

ah, i thought the "should be" was meant as ED should add fictional boresight functionality for players with limitations. not that the current implementation is wrong.

Also, if you’ve switched to a different page - bore sighting the TGP really wouldn’t matter anyways, right?

it would, when boresighted the TGP symbol is on HUD and you can slew it where needed, even though your MCFD temporarily displays something else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580