[ADJUSTED FOR NEXT UPDATE] UFC almost in my face in initial view

imacken

On loading, my start position is totally wrong. Way too far forward.

Can someone remind me how to change that? I'm sure there's a lua file that holds this info.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

check you dont have a saved snap view if so delete it and redo to your preference.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\view from memory

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Same for me, using VR (don’t use snap views obviously). I just use VR recenter and sort it. Another thread about it, members there recommend adjusting view and saving. Might help you.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The view does seem pretty close. I noticed that right away, and assumed my zoom was too far in, but it was on the center detent. Played with it, and it still seems a little close.

Cockpits tend to be pretty tight, though, so maybe that's what pilots really get for field of vision?

I don’t use snap views, so that’s not it. The A-10C has the perfect initial position, so why not the A-10C II?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Does it exist a way to easily modify/save a view in VR as the defaut view position? (I used until now the headrest to evaluate the most real default view, but that implies to always refind the optimal spot at each flight...)

Does it exist a way to easily modify/save a view in VR as the defaut view position? (I used until now the headrest to evaluate the most real default view, but that implies to always refind the optimal spot at each flight...)

See this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=287529

I believe post #6 clarifies the default key binds that you might be looking for.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

check you dont have a saved snap view if so delete it and redo to your preference.

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\view from memory

thanks

I don't have a view directory or any "view.lua" or any view anything, but I do get intermittently this zoomed in all the way, on spawning in. I think only in 2D, not VR. But VR your moving your head around prior to spawning in, I can expect to recenter immediately. It's the 2D thing I don't get.

Next time I'll save logs and a track file.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

So, I resolved this by copying the snapviews.lua values for the A-10C default view into a new A-10C_2 category.

All is now good!

Where did you locate the files you mention>

Cheers

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View (or DCS Open Beta if that's what your install has chosen to call the directory).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Where did you locate the files you mention>

Cheers

The file is located where Tippis has stated.

What I did was copy the A-10C section and paste it back in, then edit the first of the pasted lines to read "A-10C_2".

Now, you may already have that already. Just check. Also, this works for me as I was happy with the A-10C view positions. YMMV.