Fuel selector switch out of position when mapped

I noticed a while ago that the fuel selector switch works perfectly if you use the mouse to move it, but I have it mapped to a 5 position switch, and when I use that to change settings the dial is out of position. I've included a video with the mouse moved off the switch (yellow cross) and I use the mapped control to change position, then the last run I bring the mouse over and cycle through again.

Video here

The 5 lines of code below are from "default.lua". They should pass absolute values from 0.0 to 0.4 to the switch object. Some of the commands like "iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorMAIN" seem to have wrong values hardcoded in them.

{down = iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorINT , name = _('Fuel quantity selector INT'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorMAIN , name = _('Fuel quantity selector MAIN'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorWING , name = _('Fuel quantity selector WING'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorEXTWING , name = _('Fuel quantity selector EXT WING'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFSQuantityIndicatorSelectorEXTCTR , name = _('Fuel quantity selector EXT CTR'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},

I added the following lines to "default.lua" and bound the switch inputs to them:

{down = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 36, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Fuel Qty Selector 0 INT'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 36, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Fuel Qty Selector 1 Main'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 36, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Fuel Qty Selector 2 WING'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 36, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Fuel Qty Selector 3 EXT WING'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},
{down = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 36, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Fuel Qty Selector 4 EXT CTR'), category = _('Fuel system control panel')},

Now the switch works correctly. Most people don't like to mess with these files, but if you are building a simpit you may have to do that anyway. If you can wait, I hope that ED will fix this easy bug soon.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I love messing with those files. There's already a list of things I need to change; I guess I never considered the possibility they also affect the graphical position of the switches themselves. After every update I spend quite a bit of time re-changing default.lua files in DCS; the A-10C-2 was an inevitable addition to the change list.

Thanks for this. You ARE the Master of Controllers! :thumbup: :joystick:

... After every update I spend quite a bit of time re-changing default.lua files in DCS; the A-10C-2 was an inevitable addition to the change list...

Glad if I could help you. But you should not spend a lot of time restoring your mods after Update or Repair. Use OvGME or JvGME and it takes only a few mouseclicks!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

There is a report in about the fuel selector detents being incorrect until you move it to full travel each way, by the way

Yup. Saw that, don't have that problem. With the mouse it always hit the labels (a detent is something else :) The real question is what kind of pathetic spelling checker doesn't recognize 'detent' as a properly spelled word in English? :smartass::joystick:

Yup. Saw that, don't have that problem. With the mouse it always hit the labels

Currently it requires me to cycle the fuel indicator selector all the way left or right before it properly lines up. Is this not the case for you as well?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Currently it requires me to cycle the fuel indicator selector all the way left or right before it properly lines up. Is this not the case for you as well?

Cheers,

Ziptie

No, but that might be because it's mapped, and the default for my F-5 sight mode switch (5 position) is "off" (I really, really need to clean my plate so I can work on the Mk II pit) which correlates to "INT". Because it re-aligns the cockpit to switch positions that might be enough to move the switch "all the way left" and it lines up. I hadn't thought of that before, but maybe that's why I've never had the mid-position problem, and the mouse just moves it from label to label but the binding does not.

I've been doing way too much software QA the last few weeks, which is not what I normally do, and my brain is fried; no clue why that didn't occur to me before. Good catch!

No, but that might be because it's mapped, and the default for my F-5 sight mode switch (5 position) is "off" (I really, really need to clean my plate so I can work on the Mk II pit) which correlates to "INT". Because it re-aligns the cockpit to switch positions that might be enough to move the switch "all the way left" and it lines up. I hadn't thought of that before, but maybe that's why I've never had the mid-position problem, and the mouse just moves it from label to label but the binding does not.

I've been doing way too much software QA the last few weeks, which is not what I normally do, and my brain is fried; no clue why that didn't occur to me before. Good catch!

Makes sense and understandable! I have just bound the fuel indicator selector to a multi position rotary switch on my wheel, thanks for the idea and you are correct - it works on the first selection now. Thank you

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria