A10C II Default View

K3NA

Hi everyone

I'm after some help with TrackIR 5 and the default view of the new A10C II

First off I'm a complete novice with DCS at the moment and only downloaded it and started using it during the COVID lockdown in the UK. I started face tracking with the Delanclip and opentrack software but found it was giving me head aches. I then moved to FAceTrackNoIR software but found I was constantly tweaking it so I have just purchased the Track IR 5 and using it with the Delanclip LEDs attached to the side of my headset. Downloaded and using Spudknockers profile.

Now to the problem:

When I open the A10C II my head is pointing down towards the instruments and I can only see half of the HUD, if that. As seen in this image below.

https://i.imgur.com/SkBedDm.jpg

To see the HUD or outside during normal flight I have to strain my neck upwards and hold it in that position to see outside. I have tried raising the seat, and the R-Shft + R-Ctrl and the num keypad numbers but nothing works.

The only way I can see the HUD is if i zoom right out but this gives a stretched appearance as in this image:

https://i.imgur.com/EtldXCQ.jpg

When i try the A10C everything appears as you would expect it to:

https://i.imgur.com/oxDTGpc.jpg

I can zoom in or out and still see the HUD and outside without straining my neck to look up.

Is there a way to get the A10C II view set to normal ??

Any help would be appreciated.

I am beginning to lose patience with this and bin it as I find I can't learn the aircraft properly as every time I open the game up I have to spend an hour tweaking the face tracking.

You should set up (or see which key is set for) CENTER TIR in the TrackIR software. Hit that button and wherever your head currently is becomes the center. If you want to slightly adjust your "default" view just look down or up slightly when you hit the center button and you can bias your default straight ahead view up/down (or left/right etc). Worth making this an easy to hit button because you'll likely find you want to use it fairly often.

In the case of your 1st picture, centering should give you something like your last pic. It's possible A10C II has a weird default viewpoint set up so if it doesn't fix it, tilt your head DOWN then press CENTER and when you look up your viewpoint should be higher (ie more looking at HUD than the instruments).

You can also set a default view. Do not use your TIR initially to set up.

Enter the cockpit in the cold and dark instant action. Use the NumPad 2 and 8 to adjust up and down. And NumPad 4 and 6 for left right. Finely, use the * and / keys to adjust the zoom (FOV) you want. If you get off set or want to go back to centered use NumPad 5.

In order to save this as your default view Hold R/Alt and hit NumPad 0. This will set your default view. Use the ENTER key to return to default view if you've gone off somehow.

Once you have it set go back into game and try it out. So combined with what rob10 said regarding assigning a button to centering your TIR you should be set. I also set a button for pause in TIR for adjusting radios and such.

You might also find setting "Snap Views" helpful. Especially the CDU, Radio Panel and Front Panel. Little more involved to set up but worth it (if you have a couple of toggles available).

Edited by Sarge55

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

With a TrackIR software, I recommend as well learning to adjust the curves in it.

By default you have a linear input so your head movements are sensitive and constantly moving as you move.

Making curves allows you to example set it so that at center view you have stationary, or very low sensitive movement so you can focus easily on HUD or front panel. Then you can start setting curves more sensitive further you turn head, separately both axis, like more sensitive to horizontal turn than vertical.

Tweaking the curves allows you to get a very nice and controlled viewing around at you.

It allows you to have a nice smooth view at front and then further you turn head then faster the camera turns to sides etc

Then, as mentioned above how to store the default Num5 view with AltGr + Numpad 0 button, you can do that same thing for all 10 views. They are Num0-Num9 and each can have a separate different camera settings.

If you have one hat, or one button that you can use as multiplier, you can then make one joystick hat switch between those views. Example hat forward is zoomed HUD view, hat right is looking right wall panel, hat backward is default view etc.

Having a TrackIR does benefit from tweaking these extra camera angles like to heads down to both MFCD same time and so on.

You must as well have in the settings (I don't remember was it in Special tab or what) ticked the setting to store your views.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Look straight ahead and press F12.

Off the top of my mind, I think F9 is the default. But, I do have mine mapped to F12 as well. And that will fix the view issue.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Thanks for the replies. After some research i managed to fix it by deleting this folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\config\View.

I have no idea how i managed to create this view but deleting it has worked and all views are normal now.

Thanks again.

That makes no sense. Trackir will always set the view by where you're looking when you press F12.

I don't know, like i said earlier i'm a complete novice when it comes to this. F12 only centred the view looking down and not straight ahead regardless of where i was looking. Deleting this folder solved the problem and everything now works normal.

The procedure is as follows:

-If you are using TIR(or other head tracking), pause it or turn it off.

-Center the view by pressing NumPad 5.(by default)

-Use NumPad 8 to raise(tilt up) your POV.

-Pressing RAlt+NumPad 0 will save the new POV as default center.

When you reactivate TrackIR, it should center on your new view.

Edited by TuffAsAir