Is it normal to loose both engines in negative G near vertical?

Ok... I was fooling around and doing stuff you would normally not do in an A-10.. :P

I inverted my A-10 and started pushing negative G's. Upon reaching ±70degrees up, both engines suddenly went dead (as if I cut off the throttles).

Is that normal/accurate? (pretty sure I did some more extraordinary stuff in the "old" A-10C sometimes, but never had this happen before). I can imagine the pumps will not be able to feed the engines properly when flying inverted for too long, but this happened after just a few seconds with the internal tank more than half full.

Must admit, this was a cool experience too.. Dropping from the skies with engines off... turning on the APU, restart engines and get power back seconds before I completely bled off airspeed :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

The Hog cannot do more than 10 seconds inverted at max power before the collector tanks at the engines go dry and the engines flame out. Those tanks are there to keep the engines going during brief periods of negative G flight, but not sustained negative G's.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

The Hog cannot do more than 10 seconds inverted at max power before the collector tanks at the engines go dry and flame out the engines. Those tanks are there to keep the engines going during brief periods of negative G flight, but not sustained negative G's.

Thanks

It was indeed about 10sec with full throttle

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH