[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]Coolie Hat Long Commands Not Working

darcy561

I have recently come back to DCS following picking up the new A10C, anyway, i have gone through the usual thing and rebound all of the hotas commands etc.

Halfway into my first mission, i have found that i am unable to move the SOI as the Coolie Hat long Commands are not working, i can single tap the up, down, left, right to cycle the MFD pages as normal but if i hold the same button, nothing happens at all.

At first i thought maybe it was the Hotas being dumb but i have been trying to do this same thing using the default key binds and again there is nothing happening at all for the long commands.

It could be an issue with more of the long commands, like china hat long etc but without being able to move the SOI i cannot think of a scenario off the top of my head to attempt to use these others.

Is this anything that people have experienced before?

The "Coolie Hat Long ..." commands all work fine here. They have worked from the beginning. I use the TM WH Throttle.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have recently come back to DCS following picking up the new A10C, anyway, i have gone through the usual thing and rebound all of the hotas commands etc.

Halfway into my first mission, i have found that i am unable to move the SOI as the Coolie Hat long Commands are not working, i can single tap the up, down, left, right to cycle the MFD pages as normal but if i hold the same button, nothing happens at all.

At first i thought maybe it was the Hotas being dumb but i have been trying to do this same thing using the default key binds and again there is nothing happening at all for the long commands.

It could be an issue with more of the long commands, like china hat long etc but without being able to move the SOI i cannot think of a scenario off the top of my head to attempt to use these others.

Is this anything that people have experienced before?

Coolie Switch short and long commands all work as desired/intended for me. Just did a short hour flight to test some things for others and more times than I could count, utilized coolie switch functions.

I'd suggest double checking the keybinds in the options menu to make sure there isn't anything double bound, or changed since the new update. When I initially downloaded the A10C "II" there were all sorts of funky binds as stock.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

Sorry I have not been able to reproduce this, coolie hat seems to be working fine for me.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had this when I used the twcs throttle without the software. It also happened when I used the software and left the key press to ‘pulse’ instead of ‘hold’. I think the default is for the throttle to emit pulses- this will never allow long keypresses.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal