[REPORTED] INS guided munitions not working

bdlarkin

I have an issue with A-10C II where if I try to drop a GBU-38 or GBU-54 (with or without the laser firing) the solution offered by CCRP is bad.

It doesn't want to drop the bomb until the aircraft is directly over the target SPI point. The DLZ box is basically empty. Any bombs dropped from the MAN REL point are way to far past the target and just go dumb.

I set up a test mission and tried to use both GBU-38s and 54s onto some trucks at the center of the old airfield. Waypoint (target) and SPI is at the center of the airfield. You can see the time till in range for the bomb drop is the same as the time to fly to the waypoint.

I checked profile settings, and the like but I don't see anything different. Am I missing something? Anybody else have this issue?

Hud Image: mbXou14

attached a few tracks

attached a few tracks

For GBU38 - seems like the range in the HUD is wrong - too long. Need to lunch much closer to the target + it less accurate than before in.

For GBU54- In case you've lased the target and stopped - it behave like a GBU12 - continue it's ballistic drop instead of aiming to the last point of the laser. So, incase you've started lasing - you have to continue until it hits the target. Else - it will miss.

In certain lunch profiles - if you lased and stopped - it will lose track of the laser and continue flying forward instead towards the target.

GBU38_miss1.trk

GBU54_miss1.trk

GBU54_miss3.trk

Edited by nickos86

Just got the same problem...

I don't get that circle which looks like a pipper with the min and max range triangles at all. Weapon GBU-38 selected, in CCRP mode, SPI on target, can see the wedding cake in HMCS and on TAD. There shouldn't be more to it, or I'm just a bellend here...

And yes, Master Arm is on, having fired Mavs before in that very flight, sitting in pause ATM trying to figure what I'm doing wrong...

Edit: Disregard, I just couldn't see the new LAR symbology on the left side of the HUD against the horizon at all in early daytime from different direction (there's a reason I opened up that HUD brightness thread, it just striked up on me again in IA-A10CII-Caucasus-Easy Russian Foothills.miz), the pipper style thing is obsolete now, at least in the II. After watching portions of Wagses LJDAM video, I noticed the change and went ahead to drop from a shallow dive so I could see the LAR and range data, bomb just came off fine and hit.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

[CANNOT REPRODUCE AND CORECT AS IS] GBU-54 and missing sounds

Hi Folks,

Not sure if i'm doing something wrong or not. The GBU-54 on Station 7 seems to miss the target everytime. I have no issues on station 5.

During the coldstart, there is no warning sound at the oxigen-test, firetest and wmcu (Preflight-BIT and in flight).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi all

We have reported this to the team, it is related to some JDAM work being done at the moment by the team, hopefully it wont be long before you see the work in a public build.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

CCRP/WCMD Issue

Now this may well be complete operator error, however I am having severe issues dropping either the CBU-103 or CBU-105 with CCRP on the A-10C II. I've noticed there is new HUD symbology. I've played around with the GBU-54 and the GBU10/12 and had no issues. I cannot get the WCMD to drop though. Any ideas or help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hitting target with gbu38

I tried too many gbu38's to hit a btr. One of them succeed and others missed. Can you watch the track and tell me what did I do wrong?

at my last try, I released 2 bombs and one them hit and other missed way too far, how?

gbu38.trk

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ah ok thanks for heads up

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5