Launch inhibit.

Lee1

Whenever I use Maverick in the "slave to TGP" function I get a launch inhibit, no tracking solution message on the MAV MFD. Doesn't happen when I drive the MAV cursor to SPI I made and launch.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Lee

Whenever I use Maverick in the "slave to TGP" function I get a launch inhibit, no tracking solution message on the MAV MFD. Doesn't happen when I drive the MAV cursor to SPI I made and launch.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Lee

The member above is correct. After slaving the maverick to generated SPI, with maverick SOI you need to TMSFS (forward short) to attempt a valid lock.

There are times where the maverick might not be able to distinguish enough contrast and display this message as well - but give the advice above a go and let us know if you have resolved the issue. It can be a good learning lesson for others and not just you if you share the successful employment with the new advice.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 2

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm new to the A-10C II and I was having this issue as well, albeit to my own fault, I wasn't doing TMS up short

TGP TMS Up Long to SPI. China up long to slave. Coolie left long to select MAV. TMS Up short to lock. Press and hold weapon release in gimbal limits & range

-Alex

i9-12900K | RTX3080 | 32GB DDR4 | Water Cooled | Logitech X56 | TrackIR5 | 34" MSI Curved Widescreen 3440x1440

Nope. Mav cross hairs slave to TGP but still launch inhibit. Doesn't inhibit when I do it manually.

Will keep trying.

Gonna have a look at it in Open Beta see if it works there.

With MAV SOI are you depressing TMS FORWARD SHORT after the maverick has slaved to the SPI?

Within LAR (reference range staple)?

I employed 10 mavericks (all G variants), across 5 flights today with zero issues - slaving the Maverick seeker head to SPI each time.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

ZIptie,

Yes. I'm sure that's what I'm doing. Will have another go and see.

Also, which maverick are you using? If you are doing the steps above, and are still getting the launch inhibit warning, make sure you haven't selected a TGM variant, otherwise they will never leave the rail (it's a training variant).

Cheers,

Ziptie

All sorted now thanks for the help and advice. I was clearly missing a step although can't put my finger on which one. Probably not making MAv page SOI.

It all works as advertised now.

Glad you got it sorted out, happy employing for mavericks sir!

Cheers,

Ziptie