Auto Start issue

SirWoofer

Long time lurker here. Is auto start still supposed to work in A10C II? I'm having all kinds of issues with it. Engines never start, MFDs never come on, fan blades never start turning. I have no mods installed and yes I still have the original A10C installed. Works fine in the F18 and F16.

Thanks!

Woofer

Long time lurker here. Is auto start still supposed to work in A10C II? I'm having all kinds of issues with it. Engines never start, MFDs never come on, fan blades never start turning. I have no mods installed and yes I still have the original A10C installed. Works fine in the F18 and F16.

Thanks!

Woofer

When you press whatever key, or combination of keys, you have assigned for auto start - does any kind of message pop up in the top right corner of the screen saying it has been initiated? If not, check to see if your existing key bind has potentially been overwritten or erased completely....

I believe the name in the control / key bind section has changed from 'auto start' to 'start procedure' as well - in case you are attempting to check assignments.

I can't speak whether there is an issue with it, as I don't use auto start but figured that would be a good starting point.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks guys! I did a repair on DCS and that appears to have fixed it. I have all my input devices unplugged so I need to plug them back in and see if it's still fixed. I had A10C installed since way back so not sure why the install of A10c II mucked things up. Thanks for all of the suggestions and taking the time to help a 65 year old lurker::thumbup:

Woofer

Well as soon as I plugged in my controllers, the issue returned. I finally figured out that each axis on the warthog throttle was being mapped as buttons as well as axis. One was mapped to left engine stop and the other to right engine stop. Go figure. Once these assignments were deleted, problem solved. Again, thanks to all of you!

Woofer.

• Like 1