A little more brrrrrrrrrrt never hurts

Vanguard

Just posted, sounding good!

Your link doesn’t work, FYI

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Now it works, and oooooooooh boy. Finally, well done ED

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The third clip is probably the most accurate.

I’ve been fortunate to attend about a half dozen live fire training sessions at the Barry Goldwater Range near Gila Bend, AZ. There are three distinct sounds when the GAU-8 does its thing:

1) Rounds exiting the barrel break the sound barrier and there’s a “string of firecrackers” going off

2) Rounds impacting the target

3) That awesome throaty MOAN

The timing between 2 and 3 depends on distance to target.

If you ever get the chance to attend a live fire exercise or to visit a gunnery range, do NOT pass it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Brilliant :thumbup:

That footage looks stunning and that new GAU-8 sound just tops it off. The Mods should add this video to the FAQ and Updates sticky post.

So much to look forward to with the Hog... new gun sounds, new radio to play with and new HOTAS commands on the way. Good job ED.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Is this for real!?

Quote from the yootoob video:

"With the recent release of A-10C II Tank Killer, we have further updated and improved the sound effects for the GAU-8/A gun to take advantage of better Doppler shifting, sound delays between round impact, round flight, and cannon fire effects. This will apply to all of our A-10 products. We hope you enjoy."

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

that's some bad @** stuff! Whoa!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Outstanding! Job well done.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Great job :thumbup:

No word on a release date for this yet though :(

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

lol :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

:lol:

It's already there. Go to external view and Brrrrrrrt on!

I still have the old sound like many others. You got the beta installed or the normal DCS version?

PS: Im pretty sure you hear the old sound because im on the newest version and just have checked, there is no beta yet.

Also just have checked that the video came out after the last patch got released. It can't be in any version just yet. :(

Edited by Scheintot887

I still have the old sound like many others. You got the beta installed or the normal DCS version?

PS: Im pretty sure you hear the old sound because im on the newest version and just have checked, there is no beta yet.

Also just have checked that the video came out after the last patch got released. It can't be in any version just yet. :(

-------> DCS 2.5.6.55960 Open Beta 2020-10-07

Edited by lobo**

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

Yeah but that's the old sound. :) I tested both, beta and release candidate. :)

I apologize, you are indeed correct. Wags said in a video released yesterday (see the 22:15 mark in the video linked below), that the new gun sounds are not public yet, but will be coming in a future update.

Eagerly awaiting the new & improved gun sounds. :)wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Cheers,

Edited by lobo**
  • Like 1