Just posted, sounding good!

Fixed:

Last edited 10-13-2020, 08:45 PM.

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    Just posted, sounding good!

Your link doesn’t work, FYI

Cheers,

Ziptie
    i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Comment

Very cool, good job ED
      sigpic
      F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Comment

Is this for real!?

Comment

Now it works, and oooooooooh boy. Finally, well done ED

Cheers,

Ziptie
          i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Comment

The third clip is probably the most accurate.

I’ve been fortunate to attend about a half dozen live fire training sessions at the Barry Goldwater Range near Gila Bend, AZ. There are three distinct sounds when the GAU-8 does its thing:
            1) Rounds exiting the barrel break the sound barrier and there’s a “string of firecrackers” going off
            2) Rounds impacting the target
            3) That awesome throaty MOAN

The timing between 2 and 3 depends on distance to target.

If you ever get the chance to attend a live fire exercise or to visit a gunnery range, do NOT pass it up!
            sigpic
            http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
            High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
            www.crosswindimages.com

Comment

Sounds nice. An example from inside the cockpit would have been nice aswell. Maybe not ready yet?
              Intel I9 10900k | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 32GB - 3600MHz | MSI RTX 3080 | TM Warthog & Hornet | VPC T-50 Base | TM TPR| Rift S | PointCtrl | VRK
              42VFG looking for pilots [EU]

Comment

Brilliant

That footage looks stunning and that new GAU-8 sound just tops it off. The Mods should add this video to the FAQ and Updates sticky post.

So much to look forward to with the Hog... new gun sounds, new radio to play with and new HOTAS commands on the way. Good job ED.
                Last edited 10-14-2020, 01:01 PM.
                System :-
                i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S and CV1.

........................................................................sigpic.............................................................................

Comment

Sounds like a bee flew in my ear.
                  Buzz

Comment

Oooh that is NICE!

I think buttkicker is going to like this as well!
                    Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:
                    http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                      Is this for real!?
                      Quote from the yootoob video:

"With the recent release of A-10C II Tank Killer, we have further updated and improved the sound effects for the GAU-8/A gun to take advantage of better Doppler shifting, sound delays between round impact, round flight, and cannon fire effects. This will apply to all of our A-10 products. We hope you enjoy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_GI...ature=emb_logo
                      Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

Comment

that's some bad @** stuff! Whoa!
                        Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, WD 2TB HDD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

Comment

Outstanding! Job well done.
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          MSI 390 Carbon Pro, i7 9700K @ 4.9, Noctua NH-U14S, 32GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Mklll Pro, MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind Pedals, UTC MK II Pro, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens.Tek Creations,UFC,HUD, controllers.

Comment

Great job

No word on a release date for this yet though
                            i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S and CV1.

........................................................................sigpic.............................................................................

Comment

lol
                              PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Comment

Comment

Is this in open beta available ?

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
                                    Great job

No word on a release date for this yet though
                                    It's already there. Go to external view and Brrrrrrrt on!

Comment

Originally posted by lobo** View Post
                                      It's already there. Go to external view and Brrrrrrrt on!
                                      I still have the old sound like many others. You got the beta installed or the normal DCS version?
                                      PS: Im pretty sure you hear the old sound because im on the newest version and just have checked, there is no beta yet.
                                      Also just have checked that the video came out after the last patch got released. It can't be in any version just yet.
                                      Last edited 10-20-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheintot887 View Post
                                        I still have the old sound like many others. You got the beta installed or the normal DCS version?
                                        PS: Im pretty sure you hear the old sound because im on the newest version and just have checked, there is no beta yet.
                                        Also just have checked that the video came out after the last patch got released. It can't be in any version just yet.

-------> DCS 2.5.6.55960 Open Beta 2020-10-07
                                        Last edited 10-20-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X