Favourite Loadouts

hughesj2

Post your favourite (realistic-ish) A-10C II Load outs here;

This is mine, based on some fairly recent AAR refuelling videos I've seen, gives good flexibility for most circumstances (no AA threat to cater for).

Seems to be a fairly common loadout too, maybe swap the GBU-12s from stations 1&11 to 5&7 and move the GBUs to stations 4&8

1. GBU-12
  2. APKWS
  3. AGM-65L
  4. Empty
  5. GBU-54
  6. Empty
  7. GBU-38
  8. Empty
  9. AGM-65D
  10. Litening Pod
  11. GBU-12

Cheers

James

This is mine, based on some fairly recent AAR refuelling videos I've seen, gives good flexibility for most circumstances (no AA threat to cater for).

Seems to be a fairly common loadout too, maybe swap the GBU-12s from stations 1&11 to 5&7 and move the GBUs to stations 4&8

2. GBU-12

3. APKWS

4. AGM-65L

5. Empty

6. GBU-54

7. Empty

8. GBU-38

9. Empty

10. AGM-65D

11. Litening Pod

12. GBU-12

Cheers

James

Yip! Same

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I can’t seem to stop using

1. Alq

2. Apkws (rip ungiuded rockets)

3. Agm-65

4. Gbu

5. Gbu

7. Gbu

8. Gbu

9. Agm-65

10. Litening

11. Single aim-9

Gbu is whatever is least buggy and most reliable at the time. Been GBU-12 for the last year, but once the 54 gets sorted out surely it will be it. Agm is D and L. D for reliability and quick reaction and L for all other times.

Depends on mission, but on a typical MP mission with enemy fighter threats I would take:

1. (2) AIM-9M (jammer is useless)

2. GBU-12

3. AGM-65G

4. APKWS M282

5. GBU-54

6. GBU-12

7. GBU-54

8. APKWS M282

9. AGM-65G

10. LITENING Pod

11. (2) AIM-9M

Never take any triple racks, and sometimes go lighter depending.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

1. ALQ-184 (jammer is completely functional and use it all the time)

2. APKS

3. AGM-65G

4. CBU-105

5. GBU-54 or EMPTY (depending on mission)

6. EMPTY

7. GBU-54 or EMPTY (depending on mission)

8. CBU-97

9. AGM-65G

10. LITENING Pod

11. (2) AIM-9M

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I used to carry too much until I looked at the RL loadouts in books and YouTube. I reduced drag with a more flexible loadout:

1. ALQ-148

2. APKWS

3. AGM-65L

4. EMPTY

5. GBU-54

6. EMPTY

7. GBU-12

8. EMPTY

9. AGM-65

10. LITENING POD

11. AIM-9M2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

I can’t seem to stop using

1. Alq

2. Apkws (rip ungiuded rockets)

10. Litening

11. Single aim-9

Any reason for just taking one? I mean you still carry the whole dual rack...

My favourite loadout, when applicable is:

1. - 11.:

Fuel: max. 50%, if at all

I mean, why carry all those draggy stores when you have the party cannon? They're all just nice-to-have addons, but certainly not needed pinkiepieexcited.png

Just too bad the thing tops out at meh-ish 345 canots on the deck. Published numbers are about 10% above that... (381 is the one I've seen most) even more so a reason to keep it as clean as possible.

But if the mission requires, I mostly take APKWS, TGP + white smoke rockets as counter weight (they might come in handy at times), 65D or H (for FC), CBU-97/105 or just GBU-12. I try to avoid multi racks whereever possible as they drag up the thing excessively (that's a general DCS issue, just try out the Tomcat with 4 TALDS and 2x2 Zuni, it will be outrun by a clean A-10 even after shooting off everything, unless you kick in the burners, or try single rack Sparrows or AMRAAMs on the Hornet's wing pylons... literally becomes a bus with those) and you can't even get rid of them on the Hog.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

1. GBU-12
  2. APKWS
  3. AGM-65L
  4. Empty
  5. GBU-54
  6. Empty
  7. GBU-38
  8. Empty
  9. AGM-65D
  10. Litening Pod
  11. GBU-12

Cheers

James

Can you clarify realistic-ish please? Asking for a friend!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Can you clarify realistic-ish please? Asking for a friend!

Ha ha nothing secret, just as you said really - temptation is to load the hog up with triple 54s, Mavs and APKWS but I think it's actually more fun grabbing a loadout from a Youtube AAR video or photos from Hogs in Syria/Afghan recently...Bit more milsim style...For me with a mixed weapon loadout you have to match the weapon to the target more and prioritise....

What I've found interesting is how many aircraft I've seen loaded out on videos with GBU-12s/38s despite the 54 in theory being the latest and greatest...Assuming when they load up the aircraft they have "back stock" of kits they need to use and they don't just chuck away perfectly good GPS/Laser kits in favour of the new ones? Presumably all comes down to target planning and cost (the latter obviously we don't need to care about in sim). Will be interesting to see if the campaign engine restricts certain weapons to simulate availability/cost constraints as part of the challenge to force you to plan properly

Cheers

James

1. CBU-97

2. CBU-97

3. CBU-97

4. CBU-97

5. CBU-97

6. CBU-97

7. CBU-97

8. CBU-97

9. CBU-97

10. LITENING POD

11. CBU-97

For when I want to take out 400 tanks at once.

And then there's the guys that take the tank killer name literally....Which is cool too :lol:

Surprised he doesn't drop the pod and squeeze another 97 on there, could get 401? :thumbup:

And then there's the guys that take the tank killer name literally....Which is cool too :lol:

Surprised he doesn't drop the pod and squeeze another 97 on there, could get 401? :thumbup:

440 :)

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Jammer

CBU 97

AGM-65G

7 APKWS (AT)

GBU-54

Empty

GBU-54

7 APKWS (HE)

AGM-65G

POD

GBU-12 (or aim9 depending on situation)

Still probably far from realistic but its a good mix of almost everything and i really hate to see people in multiplayer with like 60 rockets, 6 mavs and triple rack gbus. I find it more fun as someone above said to actually have to use the right weapon on the right target at the right time.

I never thought to put bombs on the outer pylons, always went with the AIM-9s I've never used and the pod I barely use. Feels like the bird should be a lot less nimble with 500 extra lbs on the tips though. Curious, is that something they would load there IRL?

I never thought to put bombs on the outer pylons, always went with the AIM-9s I've never used and the pod I barely use. Feels like the bird should be a lot less nimble with 500 extra lbs on the tips though. Curious, is that something they would load there IRL?

Yeah OIR jets have GBU-12 on 1 on the reg. Google some refueling videos.

Yeah OIR jets have GBU-12 on 1 on the reg. Google some refueling videos.

I just watched about 70+ through YT and could barely find a hog with anything on station 1, let alone a GBU-12. I guess it's not really as far out on the wingtip as I imagined in my mind though.

I just watched about 70+ through YT and could barely find a hog with anything on station 1, let alone a GBU-12. I guess it's not really as far out on the wingtip as I imagined in my mind though.

Yea in the context of DCS its hard to match a real life loadout because most of the ones ive seen have like 5 pylons loaded at the most because i assume anything else is overkill for the types of missions in the last 10+ years.

no one has said

EMPTY

EMPTY

EMPTY

Empty

EMPTY

Empty

EMPTY

Empty

EMPTY

Litening Pod

EMPTY

come on, we are only in it for the gun right? TGP for aiming ;-)

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

You guys, you fly too much lightweight. A10 is like a truck: heavy load to be effective, delivering happines to our enemies:

1-AIM9M X2

2-POD

3-GBU-12 X3

4-AGM-54 X3

5-GBU-12 or CBU-97

6-GBU-10 or CBU-97

7-GBU-12 or CBU-97

8-AGM-54 x3

9-GBU-12 x3

10-GBU-12

11-JAM

And when all this pannoply is empty, a little bit of #BRRRRRRRRRRRRT :joystick:

Fuel, always in reserve!! That's why there are tankers ;)