Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Loadouts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Favourite Loadouts

    Post your favourite (realistic-ish) A-10C II Load outs here;

    This is mine, based on some fairly recent AAR refuelling videos I've seen, gives good flexibility for most circumstances (no AA threat to cater for).

    Seems to be a fairly common loadout too, maybe swap the GBU-12s from stations 1&11 to 5&7 and move the GBUs to stations 4&8
    1. GBU-12
    2. APKWS
    3. AGM-65L
    4. Empty
    5. GBU-54
    6. Empty
    7. GBU-38
    8. Empty
    9. AGM-65D
    10. Litening Pod
    11. GBU-12


    Cheers
    James

    #2
    Originally posted by hughesj2 View Post
    Post your favourite (realistic-ish) A-10C II Load outs here;



    This is mine, based on some fairly recent AAR refuelling videos I've seen, gives good flexibility for most circumstances (no AA threat to cater for).



    Seems to be a fairly common loadout too, maybe swap the GBU-12s from stations 1&11 to 5&7 and move the GBUs to stations 4&8


    1. GBU-12
    2. APKWS
    3. AGM-65L
    4. Empty
    5. GBU-54
    6. Empty
    7. GBU-38
    8. Empty
    9. AGM-65D
    10. Litening Pod
    11. GBU-12




    Cheers

    James
    Yip! Same

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #3
      Why GBU-38 if you have GBU-54?

      Comment


        #4
        I can’t seem to stop using

        1. Alq
        2. Apkws (rip ungiuded rockets)
        3. Agm-65
        4. Gbu
        5. Gbu
        6.
        7. Gbu
        8. Gbu
        9. Agm-65
        10. Litening
        11. Single aim-9

        Gbu is whatever is least buggy and most reliable at the time. Been GBU-12 for the last year, but once the 54 gets sorted out surely it will be it. Agm is D and L. D for reliability and quick reaction and L for all other times.

        Comment


          #5
          1. ALQ-184
          2. APKWS M282
          3. AGM-65L
          4. GBU-54
          5. GBU-54
          6. Empty
          7. GBU-54
          8. GBU-54
          9. AGM-65L
          10. LITENING Pod
          11. (2) AIM-9M

          Comment


            #6
            1. CBU-97
            2. CBU-97
            3. CBU-97
            4. CBU-97
            5. CBU-97
            6. CBU-97
            7. CBU-97
            8. CBU-97
            9. CBU-97
            10. LITENING POD
            11. CBU-97

            For when I want to take out 400 tanks at once.

            Comment


              #7
              Depends on mission, but on a typical MP mission with enemy fighter threats I would take:


              1. (2) AIM-9M (jammer is useless)
              2. GBU-12
              3. AGM-65G
              4. APKWS M282
              5. GBU-54
              6. GBU-12
              7. GBU-54
              8. APKWS M282
              9. AGM-65G
              10. LITENING Pod
              11. (2) AIM-9M


              Never take any triple racks, and sometimes go lighter depending.
              Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz, EVGA GTX 1070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 500GB NVMe, 2TB of Mechanical Storage

              34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" MFD monitor, TIR5

              My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

              Comment


                #8
                1. ALQ-184 (jammer is completely functional and use it all the time)
                2. APKS
                3. AGM-65G
                4. CBU-105
                5. GBU-54 or EMPTY (depending on mission)
                6. EMPTY
                7. GBU-54 or EMPTY (depending on mission)
                8. CBU-97
                9. AGM-65G
                10. LITENING Pod
                11. (2) AIM-9M


                Cheers,

                Ziptie
                i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

                Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

                Comment


                  #9
                  1. ALQ-184
                  2. APKS
                  3. AGM-65L
                  4. GBU-12*3
                  5. GBU-54
                  6. CBU-97
                  7. GBU-54
                  8. GBU-12*3
                  9. AGM-65L
                  10. LITENING Pod
                  11. AIM-9M*2

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I used to carry too much until I looked at the RL loadouts in books and YouTube. I reduced drag with a more flexible loadout:

                    1. ALQ-148
                    2. APKWS
                    3. AGM-65L
                    4. EMPTY
                    5. GBU-54
                    6. EMPTY
                    7. GBU-12
                    8. EMPTY
                    9. AGM-65
                    10. LITENING POD
                    11. AIM-9M2
                    DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by EasyEB View Post
                      I can’t seem to stop using

                      1. Alq
                      2. Apkws (rip ungiuded rockets)
                      ...
                      10. Litening
                      11. Single aim-9
                      Any reason for just taking one? I mean you still carry the whole dual rack...

                      My favourite loadout, when applicable is:

                      1. - 11.:
                      Fuel: max. 50%, if at all

                      I mean, why carry all those draggy stores when you have the party cannon? They're all just nice-to-have addons, but certainly not needed

                      Just too bad the thing tops out at meh-ish 345 canots on the deck. Published numbers are about 10% above that... (381 is the one I've seen most) even more so a reason to keep it as clean as possible.

                      But if the mission requires, I mostly take APKWS, TGP + white smoke rockets as counter weight (they might come in handy at times), 65D or H (for FC), CBU-97/105 or just GBU-12. I try to avoid multi racks whereever possible as they drag up the thing excessively (that's a general DCS issue, just try out the Tomcat with 4 TALDS and 2x2 Zuni, it will be outrun by a clean A-10 even after shooting off everything, unless you kick in the burners, or try single rack Sparrows or AMRAAMs on the Hornet's wing pylons... literally becomes a bus with those) and you can't even get rid of them on the Hog.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Eldur View Post
                        Any reason for just taking one? I mean you still carry the whole dual rack...
                        TGP visibility.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by hughesj2 View Post
                          Post your favourite (realistic-ish) A-10C II Load outs here;

                          This is mine, based on some fairly recent AAR refuelling videos I've seen, gives good flexibility for most circumstances (no AA threat to cater for).

                          Seems to be a fairly common loadout too, maybe swap the GBU-12s from stations 1&11 to 5&7 and move the GBUs to stations 4&8
                          1. GBU-12
                          2. APKWS
                          3. AGM-65L
                          4. Empty
                          5. GBU-54
                          6. Empty
                          7. GBU-38
                          8. Empty
                          9. AGM-65D
                          10. Litening Pod
                          11. GBU-12


                          Cheers
                          James
                          Can you clarify realistic-ish please? Asking for a friend!
                          DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jackjack171 View Post
                            Can you clarify realistic-ish please? Asking for a friend!
                            Ha ha nothing secret, just as you said really - temptation is to load the hog up with triple 54s, Mavs and APKWS but I think it's actually more fun grabbing a loadout from a Youtube AAR video or photos from Hogs in Syria/Afghan recently...Bit more milsim style...For me with a mixed weapon loadout you have to match the weapon to the target more and prioritise....
                            What I've found interesting is how many aircraft I've seen loaded out on videos with GBU-12s/38s despite the 54 in theory being the latest and greatest...Assuming when they load up the aircraft they have "back stock" of kits they need to use and they don't just chuck away perfectly good GPS/Laser kits in favour of the new ones? Presumably all comes down to target planning and cost (the latter obviously we don't need to care about in sim). Will be interesting to see if the campaign engine restricts certain weapons to simulate availability/cost constraints as part of the challenge to force you to plan properly
                            Cheers
                            James

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by AW139 View Post
                              1. CBU-97
                              2. CBU-97
                              3. CBU-97
                              4. CBU-97
                              5. CBU-97
                              6. CBU-97
                              7. CBU-97
                              8. CBU-97
                              9. CBU-97
                              10. LITENING POD
                              11. CBU-97

                              For when I want to take out 400 tanks at once.
                              And then there's the guys that take the tank killer name literally....Which is cool too
                              Surprised he doesn't drop the pod and squeeze another 97 on there, could get 401?

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by hughesj2 View Post
                                And then there's the guys that take the tank killer name literally....Which is cool too
                                Surprised he doesn't drop the pod and squeeze another 97 on there, could get 401?
                                440
                                Habitual Outlier ● BBE Jul'67 ● VR Settings
                                A-10C ● AV-8B ● F-16C ● F-5E ● F-86F ● F/A-18C ● FC3 ● I-16 ● Ka-50 ● Mi-8MTV2 ● SA-342 ● UH-1H ● Spit ● SC
                                i7-5820K 4.3GHz ● 1080 Ti Strix ● 32GB 2666MHz ● Evo M.2 ● Rift ● Reverb ● X56 ● TM Throttle/A10C/FA18C/TPR

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Jammer
                                  CBU 97
                                  AGM-65G
                                  7 APKWS (AT)
                                  GBU-54
                                  Empty
                                  GBU-54
                                  7 APKWS (HE)
                                  AGM-65G
                                  POD
                                  GBU-12 (or aim9 depending on situation)

                                  Still probably far from realistic but its a good mix of almost everything and i really hate to see people in multiplayer with like 60 rockets, 6 mavs and triple rack gbus. I find it more fun as someone above said to actually have to use the right weapon on the right target at the right time.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    I never thought to put bombs on the outer pylons, always went with the AIM-9s I've never used and the pod I barely use. Feels like the bird should be a lot less nimble with 500 extra lbs on the tips though. Curious, is that something they would load there IRL?

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                                      I never thought to put bombs on the outer pylons, always went with the AIM-9s I've never used and the pod I barely use. Feels like the bird should be a lot less nimble with 500 extra lbs on the tips though. Curious, is that something they would load there IRL?
                                      Yeah OIR jets have GBU-12 on 1 on the reg. Google some refueling videos.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by EasyEB View Post
                                        Yeah OIR jets have GBU-12 on 1 on the reg. Google some refueling videos.
                                        I just watched about 70+ through YT and could barely find a hog with anything on station 1, let alone a GBU-12. I guess it's not really as far out on the wingtip as I imagined in my mind though.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X